RED SANDSTONE IN WALES

1BEING1

Nov 27, 2008
??? Hi, I hope everyone's well. I'm living in Wales in the U.K and am just getting into metal detecting. I've been researching various detectors for a while and now have the opportunity to pick up either a Tesoro Lobo Super Traq or Tesoro Tejon(U.K Version) for a really good price. Most of my detecting will be done around the area in which I live, which I have found out has a base of mostly red sandstone which obviously contains iron oxide. Would these detectors function well in this kind of environment and if so which of the two is the better machine for very remote, inland low trash areas? Also would either of them function well on the odd trip to the beach/coastline? As I previously stated I am very new to this pastime and so any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks a lot and take care. Jason.

Upvote 0

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have both, and the Tejon will not work well at the beach. It might do ok in dry sand, but any saltwater present will drive it crazy. The Tejon is really unstable in any minerlized situation. On the other hand, the Lobo Super Traq was made for minerlized situations. The auto-tracking ground balance will easily handle the red sandstone in the "normal" soil setting, and with the "alkali" soil setting you can compensate for wet, salt sand. I think you may be more happy with the LST.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread