deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a gold wedding band at a local park a few weeks back. I wont post a pic..nothing special to look at...you know what a man's gold wedding band looks like. Anyway, inside the band it reads "Exxxxx to Wxxxxx 1996". Also, 18k :)

So ive been thinking over and over about how happy the owner would probably be to get this ring back.

To the people that have found owners to such things...how did you go about it?
Ive thought of putting an ad on craigslist or in the paper. Or even flyers up at the park.

Any suggestions?

(edit: names taken out.)

Upvote 0

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
the best place would be a local paper... like you posted here don't give much info at all, let the owner describe the ring.. depending on how long it has been lost the owners might not even be looking in the paper any more. You might also put a paper at the park but only state its a wedding band, don't say the (K) or size an if you do get a call an they have the wrong answers don't give them the right ones an be carefull about all calls after that,I have returned 1 ring it was a class ring an the girl had all the correct answers the first time.

OP
OP
deathhare

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tips.
:thumbsup:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Post a notice where the ring was lost if possible. Had horrible experiences when advertising found rings in the paper.

Good luck! Returned a few over the years and it's always a cool thing to do.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a local town hall where I found a gold wedding band with date and names inside the ring. Did not match the names so I went back to the beach where I found it and placed a small sign in the window of the little business that serves burgers and drinks, "Gold wedding ring found, my telephone ###" Never got a call so it is mine. Maybe put a small sign up somewhere where people will see it around the park with no info other than a gold ring found with your phone. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread