NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Repairing a White's Bulls Eye Probe?

Try some contact cleaner down in the switch from the outside, work the switch several times, then put battery back in. If that doesn't work then you have to replace the switch. I got one at Radio Shack for mine, use a low heat soldering iron to replace with........Good Luck.......NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

Yup, that's the same way I did mine.....NGE

mark.

Apr 13, 2006

.............For $5.00 in shipping, I would try sending it back to Whites & see if they wil just replace it.
All you're out is shipping & you'll probably get a new pinpointer in return........see ya mark

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+

It seems to depend on which White's repair center you contact or use and who you talk to. The first time mine failed, I contacted the Whites repair center in Centerville, VA. They wanted a check for $12 (to cover shipping and handling) plus my $5 used to ship it there, so I spent $17 to get it replaced. I've heard / read that sometimes they are being replaced for free once you ship it to Whites but this may be one of their other repair centers or the factory?

My new replacement lasted shorter than the original one, only 3 months. So I did the repair route.

Jeff

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am not an electronics guy--so I'd probably need step-by-step instructions on how to do it. I will go ahead and try to get the switch from radio shack.

Mine only lasted about 10 hunts. >:(

-Buckles

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

BuckleBoy said:
I am not an electronics guy--so I'd probably need step-by-step instructions on how to do it. I will go ahead and try to get the switch from radio shack.

Mine only lasted about 10 hunts. >:(

-Buckles
Dang 10 hunts?? That's not a lot!
Mine that I had (and sold) is still going strong after quite a few more hunts then 10.
Not sure about exact numbers but quite a lot more.
Seems quality is not the same for them all.

Good luck BB,
Eu

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT

Contact Zach at "White's of the Bluegrass"........800 547-6911 ought to get you started.

I HAD his card, but naturally I can't find it right now.

I've only purchased one, but I'm on my fourth or fifth one. They go out, but you can get them replaced.

Roger

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

As A white's dealer I can tell you what to do:

Contact the factory in Oregon, tell them about the problem. It is a defect in the desgin; which they already are well aware of. They will replace it free of charge. You will have about 5 bucks in sending yours back to them, but they will pay shipping back to you.

Randy

seatedhalf

Dec 28, 2007
Parma MI
Detector(s) used
M6 and DFX and now a E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

My brother and I have had good luck with contact cleaner. We take the bullseye apart and use it inside and out. We have only had to do it once or twice a season here in Michigan. Sending it in was a pain for us and the cleaner is about the price of shipping and we have not had to buy a second can yet and it has been two years.

wildman-1374

Jan 31, 2009

I'VE HAD MINE FOR 3 YEARS AND I GO METAL DETECTING ALMOST EVERY DAY MARCH THRU OCTORBER AND IT'S STILL GOING STRONG. IF I HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH ANYTHING I HAVE PURCHASE FROM WHITE'S ELECTRONICS, I CALL THE FACTORY IN SWEET HOME, OREGON (1-800-547-6911) AND TALK TO SOMEONE THERE. I'VE HAD PROBLEMS WITH 2 DFX'S AND BOTH TIMES THEY'VE SENT ME BRAND NEW ONES, PLUS THEY PAIDED THE SHIPPING & HANDING. THEY SEND UPS TO PICK IT UP AT NO COST TO YOU. DON'T DEAL WITH THESE CLOWNES LIKE IN CENTERVILLE, VA. OR BLUEGRASS, THEY ARE JUST TAKING MONEY YOU DON'T NEED TO PAY. GOD HUNTING, MEL AKA. WILDMAN.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread