Advice: Garrett 1350 vs Whites MXT

Dr.Jones

Aug 19, 2005
Kennett square , PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
I cant comment on the 1350 but i can on the gti 2500. Its a great detector with an unsurpassed pinpointing technology, but I think its overrated, which sux since i only had it for about 5 wks. Im already thinking about trading up to a explorer II. I would go with a whites, i have heard nothing but good things about them.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a GTI 2500 and love it! It has some turn on and go features but it is not a machine that you can just turn on and go all the time. You have to take the time to learn how to operate it just like any other top of the line detector. I have heard some very good things about Whites detectors so I don't think you can go wrong either way. Ditto Fishers and Mine Lab. It's just up to you to pick the one that best suits your intended use. JIM

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
I've only had my Garrett 1500 for less than 2 weeks, but from what I've seen it do I am looking forward to using it more..

Like Jim said the pinpointing is excellent;

Testing it in the basic coin mode it was a demon,( not a piece of junk and 65 coins dug).

So far I am enjoying the 1500 and look forward to working with it more, (It is not a task learning to use it, it is actually enjoyable, and I think that is important.)

Your call, do not think you can go wrong as long as you stay with the major brands.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Bill(de)

Feb 18, 2005
I had a 1350 and based on your requirements i would have to recommend the MXT. The base electronic platform on the MXT is the Whites Goldmaster and has a 14kHz operating freq and i think the 1350 is 7.2kHz.The MXT has many more coil options than the GTP. If basic coin and jewelry hunting the gap between the detectors narrows but i would still give the edge to the MXT not that the GTP isn't a good detector just feel the MXT is a more diversified unit. Good luck whatever you decide on. HH Bill

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
Don't know about the Garrett but if you haven't done so already check out the metal detector review section. I've written what I've found out about the MXT in the short time I've had one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread