Fooled around, and now another on the way. Why me?!!!

R

rvbvetter

I knew I shouldn't have fooled around !!!

But there I was checking out detectors on ebay. Not to buy, just to see what there was.
And next thing i knew I was the new owner of a few months old Fisher I D Excell.
Why? I DON'T KNOW!!
It WAS a good price at $ 300 But i wasn't looking to buy anything, and I certainly didn't need it. I've got 6 detectors now within my reach. Including a EXP II and a DFX
I think i better go through the forums 12 step program for addicts, again.
But everytime I do, I end up right back where I was.

PLEASE!!! SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms
RV thought this was going to be different topic !! I finally told our kids....please find out whats causing them things...10 grand kids are enough !!!!!!!!! ;D ::) ::) ::) :o :o

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you fool around enough, sooner or later you are going to get caught! ;D That old adage is still true even with metal detectors.? .......I had none eight months ago but now I have four!? JIM

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard that is a real good detector,300.00 sounds like a real good buy. ;)

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Hey Rvbvetter

As you have found out if you are patient and carefull you can find some good deals on detectors and coils on Ebay. Yep I too check out Ebay for detectors and I keep track of what is selling for what.

I just bought a Coiltex 14" mono coil for my new GS 5 on Ebay. At $110 it was a good deal as these coils sell new for $300.

I have heard some really good things about the ID ability of the Fisher ID Excel- perhaps you can post a review of it.

Have fun with your new toy.
George

OP
OP
R

rvbvetter

? ? ? ?Even though I didn't intend to buy. I must admit I'm a little excited to be getting it and to try it out. I've owned all the name brands except Fisher and Tesoro, so this will be my first Fisher.

? After i've used it a while, I'll put in my 2 cents on it, in the detector reviews.

? ? ? If anybody has any advice to offer on the I D Excel or Fisher in general, I'm all ears.
?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Thanks guys? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?HH

PS; Birdman your pm box is full

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
you need to join detectorists anonymous!!......unfortunantly everyone on this forum is an enabler!! ::) cant wait to see what you think of the fisher!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I just emptied the mail box, I hope the new detector works out for you.Mine took a couple of times before I got the tones down but I started finding stuff right away which is always a plus.Good luck and stay away from Ebay it is addictive.

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
I too thought that this was going to be a different subject..... ;D

Rather than getting help, you should open up your own detector shop and have rentals.. ;D

What better way to find out what detector is best for you than trying out others. Then you can sell the ones you don't like for money to buy others and keep your addiction going............. :P

Remember this phrase: "Rehab is for quitters"............... ;)

GL & HH,

Dugholes

Earl

Sep 16, 2004
I too am an ebay junkie!!!!! I have sold 2 detectors over ebay and bought one. I am down to 2 detectors now so I guess I better get back on ebay and get some more. I am always cruising ebay to see what the hot deals are on used detectors. So far I have had great luck. I just picked up a new in the box, from an estate sale, Whites 5500/d series 3 detector and it is just what the doctor ordered for the southern Oregon desert where I live. The old analog technology discriminater really works great out here in the old homesteads around all the junk. It also handles the alkali soil and the magnetic black sand real well. Very happy with my ebay deal. Now I am drooling over the Whites dfx or the explorer 2. I have to do it at midnight though so the wife doesn't catch me , she thinks I am a metal detecting addict. My 2 cents worth Earl

OP
OP
R

rvbvetter

WOW!! Got home a little while ago and it was on my porch. Got here fast.
I already assembled it, in no time flat. But somethings wrong. The control housing is where the coil should be, and the coil is where the control housing should be. hmmm?
First thing I noticed is, how light it is. Compared to what I'm use to, it's a feather.
Well, gotta go. Going to make a midnight run for batteries for it.

Who me? An addict? HH

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the middle Fisher country! Everyone I see has a Fisher but me! I like Garrett products and own three of them. Everyone is always telling me what is wrong with my Garrett and what is right with their Fisher. My Garret detectors are useless and I think I will just throw them into the lake next time I go over the bridge. Problem is the darn worthless things keep finding stuff. What's a fellow to do? I guess I'll buy a Fisher detector if not just for show and tel,l and no matter what I make my next find with, say it was with the Fisher. Yeh, that's what I will do! Come on, let's hear it for Fisher! Yeah Fisher, boo Garrett ! Seriously, you made a good buy and I'm sure you will get a lot of productive use from your new machine. JIM

Z

ZumbroKid

Detector purchases are not planned! They just happen! I found a detector under a cabage leaf once. ;)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't anyone ever tell you about the birds and the beeps? kwkslvr

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the middle Fisher country! Everyone I see has a Fisher but me! I like Garrett products and own three of them. Everyone is always telling me what is wrong with my Garrett and what is right with their Fisher. My Garret detectors are useless and I think I will just throw them into the lake next time I go over the bridge. Problem is the darn worthless things keep finding stuff. What's a fellow to do? I guess I'll buy a Fisher detector if not just for show and tel,l and no matter what I make my next find with, say it was with the Fisher. Yeh, that's what I will do! Come on, let's hear it for Fisher! Yeah Fisher, boo Garrett ! Seriously, you made a good buy and I'm sure you will get a lot of productive use from your new machine. JIM

Monty I was lucky enough to find a guy selling a older F75. I am very happy with it. But, I will be buying a AT Pro soon. There is nothing wrong with Garret machines. I think the real problem is the Garret owners like to blab lol. They have reason to as I can see by their post. Nice thing about throwing your At Pro off a bridge, it will still probably work after that lol. Let me know when you do, Ill be under the bridge with a net.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
IT looks like a case of more money than topping. Just my guess. Frank hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like the Chinese say: You like... You buy. You don't like... Don't buy! If you just looked and did not bid, I would contact the seller if the sale was a mistake and cancil the sale. For the money it is better to do the home work and field the comments and weigh things out. Good Luck Buddy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions