MPX & Titan 3000

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Re: MPX & Titan 3000

The Classic 5 ID is what I would buy if I where going to spend that amount of money. ;) I like the White I have, and I am getting to like the Cobra Beach Magnet that I just bought a month ago. ( I am still coming to terms with the overall appearance but it works pretty well!)

sherpa t

Jan 25, 2005
Ocala florida
Detector(s) used
Titan / Tesoro SLT/ Fisher F5

I'll be happy to tell you my experience with the Titan over the last few months.
I have enjoyed the Titan very much, we own two other more expensive machines but the Titan has been my first choice, why ?, we just find more and dig less trash with it. The target ID numbers are large and easy to read, the weight is nice and light and the target is located easily. Now alot of people are going to tell you to get the Ace 250 and at 200 dollars- ish, it's a good deal. But at Kellyco I tested machines and there are some differences with the ace, titan and whites MXT, the Titan was right between the two for depth. I also liked the large numbers more than the small pointer style on the Garrett ( we own a Garrett gta so I'm not anti - Garrett products) and you can get a 4 inch and 10 inch coil very cheaply from Bounty Hunter. I tested (at kellyco) with a wide variety of items including some small gold nuggets and the titan did a good job picking up on them.
Lastly I have re hunted after the Titan with my Lobo super Track a pretty well regarded, more expensive machine and have yet to feel I'm missing any targets with the Titan. I would like to field test a whites over Titan pounded ground to see if the feelings I have change, but for now I'm pretty pleased with my hunting results.
I really would recommend a target ID machine to a new person, I just think you have a better chance of enjoying the hobby by being successful and not so frustrated with finding trash items. Tesoro also makes a target Id machine for a bit more money.
The Mxp is ( I believe) a china made machine brought in by Kellyco, I think there are alot of better choices for the price they were asking for that one.

sherpa t

Jan 25, 2005
Ocala florida
Detector(s) used
Titan / Tesoro SLT/ Fisher F5

I'll be happy to tell you my experience with the Titan over the last few months.
I have enjoyed the Titan very much, we own two other more expensive machines but the Titan has been my first choice, why ?, we just find more and dig less trash with it. The target ID numbers are large and easy to read, the weight is nice and light and the target is located easily. Now alot of people are going to tell you to get the Ace 250 and at 200 dollars- ish, it's a good deal. But at Kellyco I tested machines and there are some differences with the ace, titan and whites MXT, the Titan was right between the two for depth. I also liked the large numbers more than the small pointer style on the Garrett ( we own a Garrett gta so I'm not anti - Garrett products) and you can get a 4 inch and 10 inch coil very cheaply from Bounty Hunter. I tested (at kellyco) with a wide variety of items including some small gold nuggets and the titan did a good job picking up on them.
Lastly I have re hunted after the Titan with my Lobo super Track a pretty well regarded, more expensive machine and have yet to feel I'm missing any targets with the Titan. I would like to field test a whites over Titan pounded ground to see if the feelings I have change, but for now I'm pretty pleased with my hunting results.
I really would recommend a target ID machine to a new person, I just think you have a better chance of enjoying the hobby by being successful and not so frustrated with finding trash items. Tesoro also makes a target Id machine for a bit more money.
The Mxp is ( I believe) a china made machine brought in by Kellyco, I think there are alot of better choices for the price they were asking for that one.

OP
OP
G

gfletch1

Guess I should have told the whole story. I've got a DFX that I use but my wife seems to be interested in joining me and I'm too cheap to get her another DFX! If I don't do something she will want mine!!

Rob in NY

Greenie
Apr 21, 2005
Long Island NY

The Titan 3000 got a very good review from one the the MD guru's on Finds Forum, Monte Berry.
I think you can find that review on the Kellyco website, but I'll check further and post again if the review is elsewhere.
Rob

OP
OP
G

gfletch1

Thanks for the reply, Vito. I'm quite happy with the DFX. I'm using it with a 4x6DD Shooter coil for coin hunting and have had no problems. Never had any problems with the 9.5 coil either, the 4x6 just swings easier for me. I agree with your suggestions. Just thinking of trying a different brand for my wife. (not for me of course!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread