Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years ago in late fall, I drove to a local field to detect, it was a hot day. Parked and got my gear ready. As I was walking onto the field I noticed what looked like a body laying on the ground at the bottom of the field. I thought oh no! I whistled and yelled and started walking down to the body, no reaction so I started into a run in my rubber farmer boots, yelling as I ran and it became obvious there was a body on the ground. I was getting close, pulled out my cell phone and duh, was not sure what number to dial. As I ran up on the body in my boots and gear, flippity flop, a woman and her small daughter jumped up, I had scared the crap out them and they scared the crap out of me as well, LOL. It was the farmer's wife and daughter just taking a break as they were harvesting potatoes and waiting for the farmer to come back. I apologized and tried to explain. We all had a big laugh afterwords and I went home and got the emergency numbers, LOL. HH from frozen Germany, Mike

Upvote 0

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Came across a passed out drunk once.....called the cops anyhow. He was sprawled out across a sidewalk on a bridge. I was too scared to see if he was hurt or not...I was in my teens.

But I did find 35 cents on the ground by him...just an eyeball find.

Al

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
One night I couldn't get my girlfriend on the phone; it just rang and rang, and I knew she was expecting my call. I got worried and drove to her house, but on the way I came across this woman lying in the street. She was either asleep or passed out; I couldn't wake her. I knocked on some doors but no one would answer, so I used a cell phone to dial 911; they didn't seem to believe someone would just be lying in the street and I didn't think I could move this large woman up on the sidewalk. I asked the 911 operator if they could go to my girlfriend's house to check on her, and they didn't want to do that either. I was getting really mad at this point.
I finally got the operator to believe me and she assured me the cops were on the way. I didn't like it, but I left that woman in the gutter and drove to my GF's house; she was OK--the phone was out of order. I drove back to the street, and the woman was gone. I have no idea what happened to her.

K

Kentucky Kache

Bavaria Mike said:
A few years ago in late fall, I drove to a local field to detect, it was a hot day. Parked and got my gear ready. As I was walking onto the field I noticed what looked like a body laying on the ground at the bottom of the field. I thought oh no! I whistled and yelled and started walking down to the body, no reaction so I started into a run in my rubber farmer boots, yelling as I ran and it became obvious there was a body on the ground. I was getting close, pulled out my cell phone and duh, was not sure what number to dial. As I ran up on the body in my boots and gear, flippity flop, a woman and her small daughter jumped up, I had scared the crap out them and they scared the crap out of me as well, LOL. It was the farmer's wife and daughter just taking a break as they were harvesting potatoes and waiting for the farmer to come back. I apologized and tried to explain. We all had a big laugh afterwords and I went home and got the emergency numbers, LOL. HH from frozen Germany, Mike

I needed a laugh. Thanks. :D

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the posts all! I was hoping to get a good laugh and hear some other stories. I hope others will post their experiences as well. HH from boring and frozen Germany, Mike

S

seger98

Great story Mike, Very funny! :thumbsup:

Enjoyed all the rest as well!

Peabody........ Is this something that happens often that know one paid any attention to you?

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Mr. Peabody said:
This I was very young, maybe 19. Now I don't drink, I watch Mr Bill Cosby. Very funny smart showman. He make me think drinking is stupid. Of course I still have wine for services, but not for fun, yes, ok you understand ?

lol

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Picked up a very attractive young woman in a neglige who was very intoxicated one morning on the way to hit some totlots.
I was just thinking, "giggity, giggity, goo! Jackpot!"
Then she started losing the lunch, dinner, breakfast and a good evenings worth of cocktails out the window in a long streak along the side of the car. And because of her ability to clear the interior of the car even in her state, I knew I was dealing with a career woman. So no matter how scrambled she was, I feared she'd remember me and let her out as soon as possible w/o further remark.

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lowbatts said:
Picked up a very attractive young woman in a neglige who was very intoxicated one morning on the way to hit some totlots.
I was just thinking, "giggity, giggity, goo! Jackpot!"
Then she started losing the lunch, dinner, breakfast and a good evenings worth of cocktails out the window in a long streak along the side of the car. And because of her ability to clear the interior of the car even in her state, I knew I was dealing with a career woman. So no matter how scrambled she was, I feared she'd remember me and let her out as soon as possible w/o further remark.

Wow...I mean...Wow.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had the cops called on me in a small Georgia town once. As I was digging a fine target in the park, the Cops came rolling up and surrounded me. Someone had called in to say there was a man in the park with a stick that kept falling down and getting up...Once that was cleared up I was allowed to continue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions