New Metal Detecting Hot Spot Every Town Has Got One.

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I live in Kentucky, I have to dig deep for a good place to detect. Has anyone every tried hunting the yard of the house that is closest to a store? One with in walking distance? On average, I figure that yard has to have at least double the coins as most yards, as the kids are going to the store everyday for candy and soda. All it would take is a wrestling match, a football game or a low-hanging tree limb to empty those little pockets. Now lets make all this take place in the early 1900's....................

Kermit

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Idea Kermit.

Back Then Yards Wouldn't Necessarily have, Had Fences & Kids Would Have Taken Short Cuts.

And Being People Were More Easy Going Back then, The Kids Stopping & Playing Would Not Have been Uncommon.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a kid back in the lst century there were any number of Ma and Pa grocery stores around the neighborhoods. Most of them are gone now, replaced by convenience stores and concrete. I just remembered where two of these old stores use to be that are now just private residences. One of them still has the old Rainbow Bread stensil on the front screen door. Should be an excellent place to detect if I can get permission. JIM aka KS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread