72.7 KB · Views: 263
Upvote 0

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every detector I own has a Sunray probe on it.
It's the only way to go.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Don't like the added weight, hmmmmmm, that's the only negative thing I can think of and the benefits far out weigh that. One tip, they are very sensitive so if you leave a target in the side of a hole it will sound off no matter where you place it, pull the pinpoint trigger and it works just like pinpointing with the detector. also on a long hunt I just stick the probe in my pocket since it is the majority of the weight.

GatorsMoon

Feb 26, 2008
Mason County
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX SunRay DX1 Probe
I have no worries anymore finding what I dug for. If it's in there it will find it. It will sniff out a hole like a Bloodhound on steroids!
It is the best piece of equipment I've purchased for the DFX. I cannot think of one undesireable thing about it. It's all good. :wink:

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
The Sunray probe has many major advantages over anything else that is out there.

First.......It is deep. About as deep as the Pistol Probe.

Second.......You can hear the thing even when near a lot of noise. I highly recommend it for that reason alone. When detecting near traffic or at the beach, the noise is deafening and anything else you would not be able to hear. Those motorcycles with no mufflers going down the road makes using a regular pin pointer almost useless.

Third......It is like having a mini coil on your detector. I like having the ability to put my coil in a hole for a better ID of the target. But often the hole is way too small for a 11 inch coil. So the Sunray fits the bill.

Fourth.......No fear of forgetting the probe in the field.

Fifth........It looks really cool!

Six.....it is about as expensive as any other really good pin pointer around. Affordable.

Seventh.....Easy to install.

Eight......No interference to the detector because it is the detector.

And now the disadvantages......

One....adds weight to the detector. Yeah it only weighs ounces, but the extra ounces to say a machine that weighs 4 lbs...and you will notice it.

Two.....you got to be extra careful not to get the control box near water.

Three....If you have a Minelab E-Trac or Explorer....the coil wire will have to be outside instead of inside.

Four....the hanging wire will get caught in branches if you are detecting in the woods.

That's it!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread