Getting back into Metal Detecting again... very happy.

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
During the end of last summer I sold my metal detector because I needed the cash. I have been really regretting it because I really miss the hobby, so last night I ordered another detector, and I should be back in the game in a few weeks. I am really looking forward to it! Nothing beats exploring the outside world, especially when you dig up a keeper. :)

See you out there, perhaps.... :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Elad,
folks come and go in the HOBBY.

Welcome back.

Hope we will be seeing some of your finds. :thumbsup:

have a good un..................
SHERMANVILLE

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
I hear a lot of folks who sell their detector because they needed money.

Yeah....BUT............the detector finds money.

I paid for every detector I ever had in just a few months finds. Every one. After that, the finds were gravy and were enough to pay for gas, food and lodging for a real nice vacation finding even more great stuff. I even was able to buy Silver US eagles with the extra money from my finds since 1986. I now have thousands of those silver eagles and they are going up in value quite often.

Back in 86 when silver was around 3 bucks an ounce, just a bunch of clad would buy several every week. Converting clad to silver is the best way to find silver with your detector if all you find is clad.

With the economy the way it is, a detector would be a good thing to have in case of job loss. Finding gold and silver lost long ago is better than having a job that you may lose or you may hate going to. LIfe is too short doing things you hate doing for not enough money.

There are some who make a living finding things with their detectors.

OP
OP
Elad

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
steve from ohio said:
I hear a lot of folks who sell their detector because they needed money.

Yeah....BUT............the detector finds money.

I paid for every detector I ever had in just a few months finds. Every one. After that, the finds were gravy and were enough to pay for gas, food and lodging for a real nice vacation finding even more great stuff. I even was able to buy Silver US eagles with the extra money from my finds since 1986. I now have thousands of those silver eagles and they are going up in value quite often.

Back in 86 when silver was around 3 bucks an ounce, just a bunch of clad would buy several every week. Converting clad to silver is the best way to find silver with your detector if all you find is clad.

With the economy the way it is, a detector would be a good thing to have in case of job loss. Finding gold and silver lost long ago is better than having a job that you may lose or you may hate going to. LIfe is too short doing things you hate doing for not enough money.

There are some who make a living finding things with their detectors.

Believe me if I could I would hunt all day as if it were a full time job.... just don't have the time. In 1986 I was in 5th grade, and I have only been detecting for a couple of years... one day I will have found enough to pay for my detectors... one day!

On another note I got my ACE250 yesterday! However, thanks to a last minute winter snow storm and blistering cold temps, I will have to patiently wait until hunting weather comes. Please come soon! :thumbsup: :coffee2:

S

seger98

Good luck to you & I hope you find alot of good stuff this year!

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
Glad to hear that you have the itch again. Welcome back

HH

OP
OP
Elad

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you very much everybody. :D :) :icon_salut: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Elad

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I got out for the first time in a long time today with my new ACE250. Since the sun was going down, I only detected for an hour at a local park. I found 10 modern coins and some junk. I am a former GTI2500 user and so far I found the ACE250 very lightwieght and easy to use, but the stock coil seriously lacks depth. I will defintely need to upgrade. :-\

Anyways, it was GREAT to get swinging again. I will be doing alot of detecting this weekend. Wish me luck! :happy3:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for you. As far as hobbies go metal detecting is about as cheap a one to keep running after the initial investment that I can think of.

Maybe fossil hunting are cheaper, but, as mentioned, metal detecting can bring in cash as well. Certainly enough to supply fuel and batteries as needed.

Enjoy!

OP
OP
Elad

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all the replies.

I got out again today. I gotta say... if bottlecaps were what I was after... I would be one happy dude!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions