Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm waiting for my new F70 to arrive but if 1/2 of what I've heard is true----ya, the F70 is worth the asking price. So, I'd say the F75 probably is too.

I offered my Nautilus for trade toward a F70 recently but never really expected a bite. I'll leave the offer up just to see if anyone ever does respond but I doubt it. If so I may have two F70's haha!

I've been following this since the F75 came out and right now the hysteria surrounding the F75 and F70 is like nothing I've ever seen in my 41 years into this hobby. It's like all of a sudden every THer in the world wants one. Granted--many may be very sorry after they get one, but right now we're talking fever pitch! During deer season I've seen bucks cooler than most THers are right now toward the F75.

I'm expecting a back order list very soon. That's why I want to get one soon. I can get a used F70 for about $450 but with no warrenty and with Fisher one definitely needs a warranty! I've heard that if you have to pay for the repairs they're beyond reason.

So, saving a few bucks on a used F70 or F75 minus warranty isn't worth it.

Badger

P.S. I wonder how many used F75s & F70s will be for sale come fall? ;D

Upvote 0

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If their experience is anything like mine was, plenty.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
BamaBill said:
If their experience is anything like mine was, plenty.

Did you have one of those first models? I have some firends who are still bitter about those and can't even stand to look at the Fisher logo.

For what they went through I don't blame them either.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
MB save a couple bucks and get the t-2 with the expanded iron resolution, f-75 is 1-12 the t-2 is 1-40, i believe this is an advantage to the relic hunter, but the t-2 lacks notching.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Thompy said:
MB save a couple bucks and get the t-2 with the expanded iron resolution, f-75 is 1-12 the t-2 is 1-40, i believe this is an advantage to the relic hunter, but the t-2 lacks notching.

Thanks. I know almost nothing about these F machines and T2.

Someone recently told me the T2 isn't as good as the F75 but personally I wouldn't have any idea.

Used early T2s go pretty cheap sometimes. I passed one up a couple months ago for $400. I now regret that move. :'(

Badger

kickback

Mar 11, 2004
South Dakota
Badger
I had a F 75.I had to have an Explorer SE with a Pro coil so I traded it off for the SE.I will buy another F 75 soon.The F 75 processor is so fast it takes some getting use to.With the stock coil I could pick coins out of some pretty heavy trash.It is hot on silver.If you crank up the sensitivity with low or no discrimination this detector will drive you crazy.It will sound off on real small targets and sound like a machine gun.I have gone back over places I've hunted with an M6,GTI 2500 and a CZ 70 and found deep old coins.I have dug coins at a measured 10 inches.My coin count went way up as did my silver coin count with the F 75.It seems to lock on coin ID numbers pretty solid(on good targets).I like my SE and Sov. GT as well as the F75,just different technology.When it is ultra dry ground conditions it doesn't handle the mineralization as well as the other 2 detectors.If you want a real quiet detector this isn't for you.If you want super fast reset in trash,deep,light weight and low battery comsumption the F series is King,hands down.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
kickback said:
Badger
I had a F 75.I had to have an Explorer SE with a Pro coil so I traded it off for the SE.I will buy another F 75 soon.The F 75 processor is so fast it takes some getting use to.With the stock coil I could pick coins out of some pretty heavy trash.It is hot on silver.If you crank up the sensitivity with low or no discrimination this detector will drive you crazy.It will sound off on real small targets and sound like a machine gun.I have gone back over places I've hunted with an M6,GTI 2500 and a CZ 70 and found deep old coins.I have dug coins at a measured 10 inches.My coin count went way up as did my silver coin count with the F 75.It seems to lock on coin ID numbers pretty solid(on good targets).I like my SE and Sov. GT as well as the F75,just different technology.When it is ultra dry ground conditions it doesn't handle the mineralization as well as the other 2 detectors.If you want a real quiet detector this isn't for you.If you want super fast reset in trash,deep,light weight and low battery comsumption the F series is King,hands down.

Thanks much, great review! :thumbsup:

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
I have had a F75 they are good detectors but if you want to say WOW when you go out to hunt Get Minelabs new E-Trac
Every time I go out I am impressed. Dug 10 civil war bullets today out of a pounded site with the E-Track and the 12x15 SEF
coil. It is a sweet machine.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Jason in TN said:
I have had a F75 they are good detectors but if you want to say WOW when you go out to hunt Get Minelabs new E-Trac
Every time I go out I am impressed. Dug 10 civil war bullets today out of a pounded site with the E-Track and the 12x15 SEF
coil. It is a sweet machine.

I haven't used the E-Track yet but I spent a lot of great hunting hours with the Explorer XS. And the Sovereign GT is also one sweet machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread