snow piles and coins

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
Just a little tip. I have collected quite a few Silver Eagle dollars by finding clad in the snow piles of parking lots. So far this year I have gotten 9 Silver Eagles by just doing parking lots. Over the years since 1986, I have been able to buy lots of the SIlver Eagle dollars from parking lot finds.

Keep an eye on where the snow is piled and then visit there after all the snow melts. You will find lots of change that was dropped out of pockets in the snow and then plowed into the piles. I have often found over $30 in change in some of the larger parking lots. I try to stay where the grass is with the detector and I just use my eyes at where the snow was piled up on the pavement. I do drive through fast food places too. Lots of coins dropped and then plowed into the grassy areas.

What I do is then collect enough of the clads to buy Silver Eagle dollars. Don't sit on the coins and wait. Get enough to buy one and then do it. With silver going up in price lately, it is foolish to sit on the clads while the silver goes up in price.

Upvote 0

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Snowman money rules!
Nothing to speak of this year for me, trash at all the piles I've sen.

Gettintoknowsomethin

Feb 15, 2009
Long Beach CA.
Detector(s) used
$49.99 Radio Shack
GOOD IDEA! but It looks like I may have to wait awhile before I can try that! SnowdriftBank.jpg

Attachments

• SnowdriftBank.jpg
    SnowdriftBank.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 298

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gettintoknowsomethin said:
GOOD IDEA! but It looks like I may have to wait awhile before I can try that!

Wow... puts the accumulation of snow where I am to shame. :o

mishawakian

Feb 16, 2009
Mishawaka,Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizum IV
I hit the snow banks yesterday.

The area I "hunt" is about the same area where a woman got abducted and held captive.Thank God she was released and is now safe.The abductor has been caught.

I am not "suspicious" looking but, after this incident,it has everybody is on edge.Hell I don't blame em.

In a parking lot I look for the entrance to stores and the direction of where the snow has been plowed.Here we have had much accumulation that the lots have been plowed a few times.I know the "new" snow from the old.

My first time snow mound hunting, I found a wallet,many a clad coin or two and some "silver" pennants.I pass the cans because I figure they are 12 cents a pound but,I'll get them the next time around.The majority of my finds are cigarette lighters.I have about 20 so far.

I think this would be a good contest of who finds the most lighters in the month of March.

I went back to "my" park again today.This park has given me over $8.00 in clad.This one particular area has profited me well.I found another money spot real close to my other spot, I will clean out tomorrow.

Yesterday the ground was hard after an inch.Today was about 2 inches depending on if it was a shady area or not.Weather is supposed to be increasingly warmer throughout the week.I'm gonna hit my spot and then hit the snow mounds.

Happy Hunting! to all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread