Underwater Metal Detector

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
A used Excaliber can usually be had for less than $1k on ebay.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
The Tesoro tiger shark and Whites beach hunter are under the $1000 mark new. Tesoro has a lifetime warranty for the original owner.

The Digger

Jan 13, 2009
Buffalo NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax Tiger Shark
I would buy a tesoro tiger shark, life time warranty, awesome detector! All the excals seems like you have to glue the knobs on cause they slip all the time. It doesn't say much about the company after spending $1000.00 dollars for a MDetector and the knobs fall off.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had no problems with the knobs on either of the Excals I have owned, but I did replaced the threshold on/off knob on mine with a larger knob sold at Radio Shack, it made it so much easier to adjust the threshold in the water with wet hands.

I never use the pinpoint, I always have volume set at max and I always search with disc at 1 so I did not worry about replacing those on the one I currently have, the first one I owned, that I sold came with all the knobs replaced with the larger knobs already on it, the seller told me he replaces them with the larger knobs because they were easier to adjust. I never had a problem with those knobs either.

DSC02136.jpg

I currently own 2 Sovereign GTs, (1 is waterproofed) and I have owned 2 Excals, (still own one), I would not hesitate to buy another Excal or Minelab if a good deal came up. I bought one of the Sovereigns new, the custom waterproof one I bought was used, seller was going through a divorce and needed the cash. I got a great deal on it, cost me $600 including the WOT coil and it was new when he customized it.

DSC02144.jpg

WaterproofedGT1.jpg

Both Excals were used, and ever detector I have bought used arrived in perfect working order......

If you watch you can find some good deals on used Excals from highly trust worthy people here....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread