question for garrett gta 500 owners

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i posted this on the tech board but i also wanted to post it here. i am leaving for vacation next sat. and i wanted to md. i got my garrett out today to recharge the batteries and when i opened the sliding flap to expose the batteries the plastic battery holder end broke. this is the plastic holder of the AA batteries, and the machine will not power up. i plan to contact a dealer monday to get the part ordered but i am concerned that i will not have it by the time i go on vacation. i was wondering if anyone could recommend a similar holder or some way i could rig up something to get by if i have to? any help would be appreciated. i know this is a old MD but it has been great, this is the first trouble i have had out of it and i have had it now for over 10 years.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
here is a photo of the part that i need that is broken...can somone help me?

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 238
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 240
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 228
  • MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 227
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 226
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 253

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
Your local Garrett dealer should have then in stock......VERY common problem...... OR call Garrett. They are in Dallas, and will probably ship Monday. They are VERY prompt. They sent me a booklet, and I received it in 3 days. I am in Houston. HH Gayle

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
thanks for the reply gayle, does anyone know of a toy or any other product that uses a battery holder like this?

Shadowmanflash

Jul 4, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150 & 250
Looks like a clean break, try super glue for now. If that doesn't work, go to radio shack and get battery holder and splice it to your machine where that one went, until you get new one, even if you have to tape it to your machine until then. Important thing is you get to detect. Sure Garrett would overnight it if you wanted it bad enough, hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread