Has anyone ever

acehunter

Feb 2, 2009
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, gold scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal detected rock walls. I know of some places where fields were cleared and rock walls were made. I've been told of older walls being erected by Chinese, who hid there money and other things in the walls. Only to forget where they put them or were dispatched somewhere else, to never recover there loot. I would be interested in your input. Thanks

Upvote 0

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I've heard of treasure found in or by old rock walls.

Basically the old timers hid their loot any place that would be easy to locate again. I once dug lots of great stuff buried by a WWI monument in a small town park.

Very old large trees, fence lines---you name it.

Lumberjacks most likely hid their pay, etc., by big tree stumps and many jacks died every winter due to accidents and sicknesses so the loot is still where they buried it 130 years ago. Others were never able to recover their "goods" for other reasons such as forgetting to carefully map the exact stump (they were stumped).

But northern Michigan has 1000's of original stumps still standing. One could spend years finding just the right stump. Chances are the right stump rotted away decades ago.

If you have old rock walls go for them!

Badger

Markinnsprings

Greenie
Mar 14, 2009
Detected several old rock chimneys from burned down buildings, have yet to find anything. Look for anything odd or just not right like a different color stone that stands out, could be a marker for someone to remember where they hid thier stash.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
(they were stumped)
Bad Badger! Now drop and dig me twenty!

No rock walls around here to speak of, gotta east a bit farther to find them, wouldn't hesitate if I was there. Especiailly if it's near a civil war site that's huntable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread