Attachments

• lincon.jpg
    lincon.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 992
Upvote 0

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Hey NE Hunter, I have one of those too..... somewhere. I was told by a man of lesser character that is was a white supremacy "reminder" coin. He said it put the two most hated men on the same coin and they would carry it around as a reminder. What's the real story behind it? Any value to it.... well, other than one cent!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember seeing them advertised several years ago. They werea commemerative for JFK. Someone was making them up and selling them as such. What supremist? Silliest thing I ever heard! LOL They were on the market about the time small lasers were becoming popular. No telling how many were put into circulation ,. probably in error and a few days later someone would be wondering what happened to their Kennedy commemerative. Monty

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
I think his affilation was with the KKK. He was indeed a seedy character. Came by where I was working and as I was showing it to a fellow hunter to see if he had seen one like it. This guy asked what I had so I showed it to him. That's when I got the story. My reply was something like "Ummmmmm....... ok." and I stuck it back in my pocket and took it home and put it with the rest of my "things" for safe keeping. They'll make a really nice cache for some kid someday! ;D

jreamy4

Oct 6, 2005
South Carolina
I found one in my change a few years ago, put it in my change bucket. Someone broke into the house a few days later and stole it (and my vcr.....and the rest of the change)

maybe they are cursed ;D

Mi$$ouri Jim

Apr 3, 2005
I found one of those in change many years ago when i was a kid. I eventually saw them being sold, along with other engraved pennies, in a retail catalog called "things you never knew existed" or one of the other catalogs put out by the johnson smith company. The other ones i saw were ones that had lincoln smoking a pipe or cigar & I THINK one with a heart inscribed on it.

K

Kentucky Kache

Also, the man who filmed Kennedy's assassination was named Abraham.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread