CT

Old Fart in TN

Nov 27, 2005
Athens Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Re: Danged if I do and Danged if I don't

camperlee said:
I'm retired now and took up metal detecting as a hobby so if I find enough to pay for my batteries and gas I'm thrilled.
I'm with Camperlee. If I need a new tool or toy I put a few things on EBay to help supplement
my finds$$

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was accused of stealing little kids lunch money one day when I was detecting around a grade school. A busy body approached me and asked me if I didn't feel guilty about taking little kid's lunch money? As long as their lost lunch money makes my battery money I don't feel a bit guilty! Monty

OP
OP
lafatlife

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT

Isn't that just stupid? How would you know what kid lost the money? Why do people even bother with saying stuff like that?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wish I'd had my aluminum foil hat. I'd put it on and accuse him of being an alien and act really crazy. It scares hell out of most of them. Those who don't punch you that is! :wink: Monty

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star

I use rechargable battery's so no cost there, I save all my clad through the year in old coffee cans and it really adds up quickly. I also save all the brass and copper I dig to turn into the scrap yard once a year, actually paid for a detector that way. The rest of my better finds I put up for sale on ebay. I usually end up with enough cash at the end of the year to take a real nice vacation somewhere and detect........Got to love this hobby!

HH
Slipperyjack47

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Monty said:
I was accused of stealing little kids lunch money one day when I was detecting around a grade school. A busy body approached me and asked me if I didn't feel guilty about taking little kid's lunch money? As long as their lost lunch money makes my battery money I don't feel a bit guilty! Monty

You could have said that's what you were doing......Looking for your grandsons lost lunch money so he could eat lunch tomorrow. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions