Danged if I do and Danged if I dont

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Danged if I do and Danged if I don't

Ok, so how many of you do other odd jobs to help pay for your hobby? I spent this past weekend fixing other's computers and getting rid of viruses but earned 200 dollars which paid for my Ace 250.

The bad thing is that it takes time away from metal detecting!!!

What do all of you do?

Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Re: Danged if I do and Danged if I don't

All I need is batteries at this point, and some gas money...

I guess if I wanted to buy a new whites or mine lab I'd need a second job. :tard:

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star

My main job is a stay at home mom, I do help several people that have paper routes to make extra money. The mornings I deliver the papers, I don't do any metal detecting that day. With kids in school and weather getting nicer, I hope to be out several days a week with my detector.

Sue

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

I'm a contactor, but on the weekends I do all kinds of things. lay tile, formica, install cabinets, roofing, siding, painting
it paid for my trip to the Florida hunt this past Jan. thanks Bobby. so I do as much as I can to help support my hobby without biting into the family budget

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

Laffer, I just met a guy that says he paid for his new 1200 skin detector with his ace250. Do what he does, go detecting!

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac

April 15th is coming......if I don't write that check to Uncle Sam, I can afford a new detector. :thumbsup:
Can anyone tell me how the mding is in the Leavenworth, Kansas area ;D?

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

don't know about Leavenworth, just stay away from the prison. They might get suspicious LOL

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac

Sniffer said:
don't know about Leavenworth, just stay away from the prison. They might get suspicious LOL

If I don't pay those taxes, I will be residing at the prison. Think they would let me detect the exercise yard?

camperlee

Jan 8, 2008
belding, Michigan
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250

I'm retired now and took up metal detecting as a hobby so if I find enough to pay for my batteries and gas I'm thrilled.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

doubt it, you'd probably find Hoffa

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

trezurhunter, this is not the politics forum

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't throw as much money at this hobby as I did at others. For what I put in I get back tenfold. Meet new people, exercise, goodies, exploring places most people will never see. For the price of batteries, gas, and lunch, what can you say!

Oh yeah, flew RC planes. One boo boo & there goes $300+ in the dumper! Don't have that problem detectin or prospecting :D

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector

I cook my wife dinner and do the dishes afterwards ;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm still paying IRS for an innocent error my wife and I made 5 years ago when we both retired. I doubt that I will live long enough to pay it off at this rate! ::) And of course that threw our state tax off! You can't win! So far I've stayed out of jail without joining the Obama team. :D I guess I could just give 'em everything I get from my retirement and go on welfare? Probably be better off if I did, but I still have some pride left! Monty

nixologist

Greenie
Jul 31, 2007

I've worked the graveyard shift for 29 years.The daylight is my free time.I get out detecting 3 or more hours a day.The clad I find has paid for my 2 dfx's and hopefully the new vision later this year.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Camperlee I get my batterys at the 99cents store. The expo date is usally 4 years away , just like other stores

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008

trezurhunter said:
Join Obama's team. His boys don't pay their taxes.
For most of you, you pay 14 different taxes out of every dollar you make. And you want to know why you have to work so hard to support your family and not have time to metal detect?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ebay is a good way to make extra money. You can even sell your better finds on there.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

lafatlife said:
Ok, so how many of you do other odd jobs to help pay for your hobby? I spent this past weekend fixing other's computers and getting rid of viruses but earned 200 dollars which paid for my Ace 250.

The bad thing is that it takes time away from metal detecting!!!

What do all of you do?
I do the same thing, but only charge milk and cookies or an occaisonal bowl of stew. All the folks I know who need help are old and poor so I make them find me good sites or else no more e-mail!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread