First beep today.. What a find.

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
This is my first time posting here. So bare with me. The past months while the cold weather had me home bound because the ground was to hard I read how you all found such nice things. Let say greeneyed monster took over me. Well monster move on now. I been hunting this site where an old house use to be. I"m not to sure how old it is. I remember when we moved here in 1961 the house was there. The people who own the land burned the house down years ago. This was my third trip there. This hillside kind of called my name today. The first signal I got and wahla. Out popped the nice looking token I think. It has 2 1/2 cents on one side and the other side has all I can make out is the last three letters: ERG and Smith. I then went to the right and a couple of feet I got another good signal. I found the round coin looking thing. It has J. G., quarter moon on top and bottom or horseshoe on top and bottom. These are inlay not raised like they look in picture. The other side is plain except for the border around it. I also found the box looking thing and and a small cap looking thing we think goes to a lantern where the wick came through. Other things I found the other days I hunted are old jar lids with milkglass in them (to bad I didn't find the jars and they where full of money). Also found a pocket watch, the glass is broke and the hands are missing. I can't read the face to see what brand it is, the back has a decoration on it. It looks like it has a circle at the bottom for a small second hand. If anyone knows what these items are, I would be grateful. Thank you and great hunting all.

Attachments

• token3.jpg
    token3.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 541
  • box4.jpg
    box4.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 534
Upvote 0

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Nice tokens. Congrats on your first post, you did really well for your first time here. Also let me be the the first to Welcome You to Treasure Net. Looking fwd to seeing many more great finds from you.

Desertfox

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Those are awesome finds! Looks like maybe a pinch box. If the watch back can be removed you might be able to find the mfr name in there. Many makers for the description available.

Congrats and welcome!

camperlee

Jan 8, 2008
belding, Michigan
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250
first off welcome to treasure net there are many fine people here and you can learn lots of good things just by being part of it and congrats on the nice find and I'm sure there is lots more there just waiting for you please keep us posted thanks and good luck. :thumbsup:

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome aboard and good job on your finds.alot of folks wait along time before finding stuff this good. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
desertfox said:
Nice tokens. Congrats on your first post, you did really well for your first time here. Also let me be the the first to Welcome You to Treasure Net. Looking fwd to seeing many more great finds from you.

Desertfox
Thank you Desertfox. Nice to meet you. I've been coming here and reading the find section the past few months. Getting psych for season to start. I"m hoping to find more great stuff. I've been checking the old plat maps from late 1800 in my area. There are some old schools and churches that are porbably fields now. Gonna try to check them when I can..

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
camperlee said:
first off welcome to treasure net there are many fine people here and you can learn lots of good things just by being part of it and congrats on the nice find and I'm sure there is lots more there just waiting for you please keep us posted thanks and good luck. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the welcome camperlee. Pretty good finds for a Radio Shack detector. It didn't do to bad for me last year. Only silver I found was a cubscot ring in my daughters yard, a foot down. Most of the places I hunted was school, parks and fairground which had been hunted buy at least two others in the area. I"m gonna try to go out tomorrow, I'll let you know if I find anything good.

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Knightwalker said:
I guess I should of done this first.. LOL .. Nice to meet you all. Brokenarrow, yes it been a long time. I did do some detecting back in late 80's and 90's. Found some mercs, buffalos and silver quarters. Lost all that in a house fire. My nephew gave me the Radio Shack detector a few years ago, so last year I figured I put it to use when I couild. Gas price what they were didn't help. Lowbatt.. We didn't think of the snuff box, but Likelyguy I did think of the matchbox. Happy hunting all.

Opticman

Aug 10, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hey Knightwalker

You sure your not detecting my spot????? I am in Maryland and have been working the ruins of an old house that was burned down in 60's. Great finds. I found a silver medal dated 1947 celebrating anniversary of Maryland Delaware Lions association and misc. coins. Funny thing, one day I uncovered a watch and I thought for sure I had found an old pocket watch. Had roman numerals on the face. Wiped off the face expecting to find maybe "Piteke Phillipe" or "Elgin" something really old and once cleaned it revealed........"SWANK". (If you're around my age, you'll get a grin)

Optic

OP
OP
Knightwalker

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Opticman said:
Hey Knightwalker

You sure your not detecting my spot????? I am in Maryland and have been working the ruins of an old house that was burned down in 60's. Great finds. I found a silver medal dated 1947 celebrating anniversary of Maryland Delaware Lions association and misc. coins. Funny thing, one day I uncovered a watch and I thought for sure I had found an old pocket watch. Had roman numerals on the face. Wiped off the face expecting to find maybe "Piteke Phillipe" or "Elgin" something really old and once cleaned it revealed........"SWANK". (If you're around my age, you'll get a grin)

Optic
Hi Opticman. Unless they moved IL. to Maryland.. I think we have different places.. LOL They didn't burn this place till sometime in the 80's. I kind of wish I was checking yous.. Nice find on the silver medal. I kind of bummed out today. Most interesting thing I found was a rolled up tube of Form A Gasket. It has a metal squeeze top. Also found a couple more jar lids, not in to good of shape, a 8 sided thin peice of metal with two slits. Looks like it might be what they used on leather vest, jackets or sadles for decoration, what they ran the leather straps through. It started getting dark and chilly so I figured time to quit. But made a quick sweep behind the car in front of the town hall and found a nickel.... So wasn't a total lost. LOL Happy hunting.
Knightwalker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread