Ace 250 vs BH Tracker 4

jreamy4

Oct 6, 2005
South Carolina
Hi

Just getting started, but can't seem to get enough! I purchased a BH4 as my newbie detector and I am getting pretty good at detecting the clad.

Long story but I have a chance to swap it for a garrett ace 250......question is, now that i am beginning to learn mine, would it be worth the trouble to make the trade (in performance, etc) or work with what i have till i decide to upgrade to a $500-600 machine?

Thanks, look forward to your opinions!
Jim

Upvote 0

tb

Mar 24, 2005
Hello,

I currently use the BH 4 so I can't speak for the Ace. I've had mine since Feb. and haven't any second doubts about it. It is very user friendly and I've found some pretty cool stuff with it. The depth it obtains seems to be just as good as most other detectors. The only problem I've had and most will say it is to be expected is at the beach at times, so I will be getting an underwater unit for the beach, but otherwise I love the tracker 4.

take care,

tb

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
It also depends on personal preference, the ace 250 is alot more harder ro use than the tracker4, i have become great with the tracker, i can tell what the item is before i dig it up almost all the time, and it has no target ID to tell you what it might be so im doing pretty good with it :) I dont think ill upgrade for a while, iv gotten so skilled with this one and also if i get a detector with target ID i might not dig some signals, And the main reason: OTHER DETECTORS FIND NAILS ON DISC >:( cant stand that....The tracker4 lacks the depth the ace250 has though. also it is more difficult to pinpoint. But the ace250 has a high price so you could trade, and if you dont like it sell it and buy a new tracker4 or an even better one :) whatever you decide on i hope youl be happy with it ;)

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
I use a prism II and my hunting partner use one of the higher dollar BH's. He finds just as much as I do, But in my opinion the BH lacks in pinpointing. I've heard nothing but good about the Ace 250 and has the added depth indicator over my Prism so thats the one I would go with (but after a month of hunting and alittle over one CW bullet find the prism paid for itself)......HH.....Bill

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
Hi, I did the same thing in going from a BH( Radio Shack) to the ACE250. What a difference!!! The ACE is very easy to use and finds many things the BH didn't. The only thing I caution is that they are both "entry level" machines. I have already found myself looking to upgrade after a while. If you can make a good trade for the ACE I'd go for it. And then go over everything you have done before and you'll find more goodies with the ACE!!!!
HH
Greg

OP
OP
jreamy4

jreamy4

Oct 6, 2005
South Carolina
Thanks for the suggestions.......it didn't work out, so I bought a Whites XLT. Its coming in the mail tomorrow.....hooray!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread