Unknown medallion

L

Larry H.

index.php

index.php
Unknown medallion that I need help identifying. Slightly smaller than a half dollar with what looks like Latin writting and symbols.
Some of the ledgable word on the side with the triangle are: Gloria el dirrle in dommo guo fuodidia in seculum.

On the other side: Rapheal Aidoriel Miel Sarahil Eloym Agla Adomay.

Spelling of these words are questionable.

Thank you

Upvote 0
H

hersnab

This is an old thread I know but I have recently found one of these and would like to know what its all about I've searched and searched but I've only found stuff in foreign languages about vampires and black magic and stuff. Anyone found anything out since?

R

rvbvetter

Not yet, but stay tuned. The subject has been freshly revived. HH

R

rvbvetter

Whew!?! Sounds like a bunch of satanic lawyers wrote that one up.
Way, way over my head. But then again, so little isn't HH

H

hersnab

Yeah wierd isn't it? I'd love to know where Kheira and Larry H got theirs from, the one I found turned up in my house while I was cleaning, not wierd someone must have dropped it. Everyone I've shown it to says it has nothing to do with them.

I snhowed it to someone who claims to be a medium who said it wasn't evil, she claimed not to be able to 'see' any evil vibes from it. But then again tricking vunerable people into thinking you can speak to lost loved ones is quite, quite evil. ???

R

rvbvetter

I'm beginning to think this is some sort of commie, hippie, satanic lawyer plot!
If these keep getting found. I guess i'll have to enlarge my plot list. ;D HH

H

hersnab

rvbvetter said:
? I'm beginning to think this is some sort of commie, hippie, satanic lawyer plot!
If these keep getting found. I guess i'll have to enlarge my plot list. ;D? ? ? ? ? ? HH

I don't understand, you mean it's made to look wierd to waste peoples time so 'commie-hippies' can have a giggle?

H

hersnab

............or am I supposed to be a 'commie hippy'????? :-\ Conspiracy theory stuff???

Kheira

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2005
Hello everybody

Haven't had the chance to scan the medallion yet. I'm trying to draw it instead. I've also searched the internet for the word on the medallion. It seems that the words Eloym (Elohim), Agla are other words for God. Raphael, Miel and Seraphiel are angels.

It all has something to do with King Solomon and also The 7th book of Moses. Not sure though. But the names seem to occur in those. Searching more.

BTW Finland is not a communistic country >:( You are thinkin about Russia in which Finnish people aren't very keen on..

Anyway, forget that commie theory, stick with the hippie one :P

Kheira

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2005
Here is the picture. I'm not very artistic as you can see ::)

Attachments

• medallion kopio.jpg
    medallion kopio.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 3,526
H

hersnab

Kheira, how did you come across yours?
I'm going to get a decent scan done as soon as, but on mine its quite worn out. I'll upload a photo soon in the meantime aswell. 'Commie-hippie' - what does that mean??????

H

hersnab

................one more thing Kheira, did you win the lottery? :)

springsman

May 27, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm a mason, a 32 degree and Master of a lodge here in Colorado, I can tell you the symbols are not from what we call the "blue lodge", however it is likely from an "appendant body" meaning another group associated with us such as shriners, york rite, scottish rite, etc. etc... I believe from the inscription and symbols that it is from a womens group such as (but not specificaly)the order of Eastern Star or Jobes Daughters etc. the bars and lines on the back are emblematical of some astrological/astronomical tracing. Many Many Many symbols in masonry look like those shown, however there are hundreds of appendant bodies and likely thousands of different symbols...and that's just masonry...there are also other orders such as the "odd fellows, woodcutters," etc etc.

Good Luck though it's very interesting.

R. Herd
Worshipful Master
Tejon lodge #104
Colorado Springs, CO

and recent new medal detecting newbie :)

Attachments

• gllogo_old.gif
    gllogo_old.gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 3,469
H

hersnab

Hi Springman, do you think that means these 3 medallions could belong to a society with 3 different 'chapters' (not sure of the terminology) in 3 different venues (UK, Finland and ???). My medallion is identical to Larry H's and Kheira's one.
Would the masons use the exact same symbol, emblem internationally? If so then what you say above sounds correct. The reason I'm so intrigued is this: I've never really had a hard time finding anything out on the internet. Any information I need is usually 'just a click away'(sorry ::)) and the words around the edge spelt as they are on the medallion yield little results. But it was said earlier that only members of this secret society would be able to identify its meanings and origin. I'm starting to believe this is the case.

springsman

May 27, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
The answer to your question is yes...however it might not necessarily "prove" anything. There are many symbols in masonry, but they are almost all recognized and used internationaly..such as the square and compass is a world wide symbol for masonry, and so such as the cross is an international symbol for christianity....so the theory could apply to your three medalians being alike in that whatever organization created them could be international...or still it could just be a strange case of them getting geographically dispersed coinsidentatly.... Hope you find the "truth" at any rate.

Happy Hunting.

RedSpey

May 16, 2005
Eugene, OR
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
The front seems to say in Latin "Glory (gloria) is both (et) to divide (divide) to (in) conquer (domo) all (omne, not yuo or guo, m's sometimes have a longer first stroke that hangs below the line), and (et) justice (iustitia, no "j" in classical latin, really an "i", meaning this medallion is modern) for all (omne) the ages (seculum, from saeculum)."

Just a guess. I'm more of a Greek guy than a Latin guy.

The second side seems to represent a very gnostic view of the spiritual universe with the "Alpha and Omega" (First and Last) in the center of concentric circles. The next circle gives some common Hebraic and Apocryphal names of God (Adonai, Elohim, Udonai, and as mentioned previously, AGLA). The maker of this medallios did not, however, seem to see these as names of God, but rather as four god-like beings separate from the Alpha and Omega. Very gnostic. The third circle mentions angels that are called archangels elsewhere (from the Apocrypha mostly), and the last circle seems to name great human leaders (Modiath is very close to the Hebrew for Medes, making Modiath Rex "King of the Medes"). This gnostic view of spirtual authority and power goes way back, but is still around today in a lot of spiritual thinking. Here it seems to have been mixed with orthodox Christian symbols on the front of the coin (the seven lamps of God's Spirit from the Torah, or Old Testament) combined with a trinitarian triangle with crosses. This synchrenistic gnosticism is quite common in pagan religions and cults.

Just some thoughts,
RedSpey

H

hersnab

Glory is to conquer all....!!!!!!! I hope I've missed the meaning on that one. So someone I know in the past year has dropped this in my house and is a member of a modern, international(?) pagan religion or cult? Wow, who could it be? Thier not going to tell me, are they? Maybe its an invitation :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions