Unknown medallion

L

Larry H.

index.php

index.php
Unknown medallion that I need help identifying. Slightly smaller than a half dollar with what looks like Latin writting and symbols.
Some of the ledgable word on the side with the triangle are: Gloria el dirrle in dommo guo fuodidia in seculum.

On the other side: Rapheal Aidoriel Miel Sarahil Eloym Agla Adomay.

Spelling of these words are questionable.

Thank you

Upvote 0

RedSpey

May 16, 2005
Eugene, OR
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
R

rvbvetter

Nothing to worry about. They might even have you over for a pagan feast.
uh....you know......on second thought........

H

hersnab

rvbvetter said:
? ?Nothing to worry about. They might even have you over for a pagan feast.
uh....you know......on second thought........

Thats cool, virgins blood is my favourite! ;D

RedSpey said:
Yup!? You've got a pagan cultist on your hands!!? LOL? :D? Most people don't know what the symbols mean.? I would ask whoever gave it to you, if you can remember.? I could be totally off.? But be carefull...if they try to get you to buy a "life-changing" set of vitamins or something, run away!!!? ;D

Vitamins? ......If vitamins = crazy mindbendings drugs, then, then........I'll have to think about it. :o

alabamadan said:
It's not Masonic.

Hmmmmmm......I'm starting to think that the members will keep tight lipped about this medallions real origin, a silly club perhaps? A serious,organised,(properly)secretive cult? Surely if one of its members is reading this you can tell us a little bit can't you?

H

hersnab

Sorry about this 'nothing' post but need to bump up the interest, someone knows what this is!!!!

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Kheira seemed to have been doing the most and best research as she has a vested interest owning one. I'd like to know more about it.

miss_anthrope

::laughs::

a couple of you got it pretty close.

It's a pagan metaphysical talisman/amulet to attain riches.

It has no real ties to witchcraft or cults, really - it's more like say .. a "good luck charm."

It's the talisman for riches, and the "seal of prosperity" that enables the wearer to say and do the "right things at the right times."

~heidi, resident spiritual geek~

edited to add: the reverse (alpha/omega et c) is for "good luck and blessings"

allen009

Sep 14, 2005
i was trying to find info on a similar medallion. my mom recently had surgery for bladder cancer and received it as a gift from one of her co-workers. i noticed it one day in her car hanging from her rear view mirror while she was in the hospital. i asked her about it and took it home to see what i could find on the web then forgot about it. i spoke to her today and she mentioned that the guy who gave it to her was involved in wicca and does some sort ritual that involves "fire circles."
today i began searching the web and like hersnab haven't had much luck finding anything worthwhile until i came across this site. it is almost exactly alike on the one side that has "alpha et omega." however the other side of the coin does not have the lines running across it, but has a diamond with a circle inside with a two intersecting triangles inside the circle. the triangles look very similar to the star of david but the triangles are isosceles instead of equilateral.

it's brand new and the writing is very clear the "agla" is really "agia" which is greek for saint.

Oct 11, 2005
Ok, my best friend found this exact same medallion hidden around his house inside of a wind chim. when he took it off and looked at it he noticed several knots in the string part. Ive been researching every word on the medallion and finally came across this forum, does anybody have any idea what this might mean??

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since this post is still alive I must add:

This medallion is one of thousands brought here by aliens visiting from a planet in the Argon Delta solar system. They plant them in various locations seemingly indiscriminately, but they are indeed a sign post. It lets those other aliens in our society know that a "visitor" has been here. The metal itself is not of this earth, but it is disguised to resemble a common earth metal and will always appear so under Earth known technology. The symbols themselves have no meaning, rather it is the plazma anti-matter signal it emits that is important. It is like leaving a business card on someone's front door in Earth terms. Do not fear, the aliens have no intention of invading our planet, rather just a reminder of their past heritage much like the things we left on the moon, especially the zero density fortifate emulsifier left by our astronauts. Oh, you didn't know about that? Sorry, I may have said too much. I didn't realize that information may still be classified. If the guys in the black suits come by the house and threaten me I will know for sure. Much of the information I am priviledge to was used in the Will Smith movie about the aliens living in our society. There is a huge leak somewhere! I've said too much now as I can feel my implant starting to pulse. "They" already know I am divilging too much information! You are probably wondering how I am priviledged to this information. I have regular talks with an alien who has taken a liking to me out of sheer lonliness. "She" often goes disguised a a she wolf even though they are sexless, they are of only one gender. Alas, here I go again. I can't tell you more and please, if some guys in black suits visit you, by all means never let on you know me. Monty
*Disclaimer: Everything contained in this post is true except for the parts I made up!

tkhaj

Nov 6, 2005
I believe this is a 'Talisman and Seal for Honors, Riches and Prosperity'. You can find out all about it in the book The Complete Book of Amulets and Talismans, ISBN 087542287x, pgs 214-215.

I'd love to post an image of this talisman from my copy of the book but I don't want to infringe on the copyright. However, the Search Inside This Book feature at Amazon.com allows a very few pages of copyrighted books to be viewed over the internet without infringement.

I'd suggest you do the Search Inside This Book to look at the image of the talisman and verify it's the same as yours. Amazon doesn't seem to allow outside links to a Search Inside This Book page, so here's what you do:

Go to amazon.com and search for this book, either by title or ISBN.
Scroll down the page til you find the Search Inside This Book.
Type in 'riches'.
Go to the second page of results and click on page 215.

You can also do a search on the Web for 'Talisman for Riches' and find some of these for sale. Although I've noticed that the ones currently for sale look a little different from the one in the book.

Hope this helps.

tkhaj

Nov 6, 2005
Hmm, I just noticed another reply that asks about knots in a cord. Knots are believed to be a protection against evil spirits. I guess they come for you and instead get tangled in the knots? :) I've heard of housewives who tie knots on the corners of their aprons to protect their cooking.

I also saw a reply asking about another type of talisman. Many different ones are made with only slight differences in the seals, or the side with concentric circles and 'Alpha et Omega' in the middle. It's the other side than can identify which type of talisman it is. The reply said the talisman contained a diamond, a circle and a six-pointed star. This sounds like the Talisman for Luck. Search on the internet and you'll find these for sale, and you'll be able to see if it matches your talisman or not.

tkhaj

Nov 6, 2005
One last response and then I'm gonna go away. I keep reading more and more of these replies...

Don't anyone get weirded out over these talismans, they're just kinda like good luck charms. They're not dangerous, or cursed or whatever. I don't even consider them to be pagan. They're about the same as a St. Christopher medal. Just chunks of metal with stuff carved on it. You don't get weirded out over spoons, do you?

Presumably, the original owner may have done a prayer or a simple little ritual--or lots & lots of wishful thinking for all I know--to try to imbue the charm with some power to do its thing: luck, riches, good health. Harmless stuff. Even if a charged talisman could really do anything--and come on, that's a MIGHTY big IF--that's only for the original owner that charged it and it wouldn't do a thing for or to anyone else.

And I think most people just wear this stuff like funky jewelry.

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms
Monty.................I believe you took an oath and swore on your 2500 that you would never reveal any of this top secret information . The world is not prepared to hear any of this..most people still do not know of the " OTHERS ' living among them ....Your disintergration and vaporization will commence as soon as you send your garrett 2500 to me !

T

twig

I know this topic is very old, but I thought I'd give it a try.  I too have one of these medallions.  I've had it for a few years, and I just found it again in my music box.  I found it in Roswell, NM, where I went to my first two years of college.  I was looking up some of the words carved on the medallion when I came across this forum.  Interesting stuff.  Mine is in pretty good condition.  A little of the silver coating has chipped off, but it's not worn down hardly any.  It's pretty heavy.  I was just wondering if anyone figured out what it is. Oh, nevermind. The whole page didn't download before, so I didn't see tkhaj had pretty much answered that question already. Yeah! I'm going to be rich! LOL. Or am I just going to have good luck? I can't remember what tkhaj said it was for.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
be very careful toying with the unknown-something things are better left alone

the item "smacks" of withcraft---there is such a thing as any who read the bible knows -the bible says so -- when moses went to the pharoh and threw down his staff--- (it became a giant snake)--then pharoh called upon his mages to do the same and they did so. --by the way moses snake (the holy one) ate the others--- so "magic" as such does exist ***if you believe the bible--but only if god "allows" you to use it can you properly do so --if you seek and find such knowledge without his permission --remember the tree of knowledge - tree of life? the garden of eden? there is a price to be paided for getting such "illegal" knowledge --a word to the wise -- even if you do find out exactly what it is and how to use it--**DO NOT USE IT** (because in "evil" witchcraft --nothing comes with out a price). if your not a believer in god then the item is powerless and you would be foolish to "use" such a worthless thing--however if your are a believer in god ---see the above.---

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
English physicist & science fiction author

;D

neo2868

Jun 25, 2006
Lakeland, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesero Tiger Shark
Look up information on the sixth and seventh book of moses also the lesser and greater keys of solomon....they deal with holy magick using angels and demons as mediums to using the magick...this looks like a sigil from one of those books

Psykotik

Feb 5, 2008
Hey... I just found this medallion that is EXACTLY what you are describing to the letter.

I was searching random words on it when I found this thread.

I don't think this thread is still alive, but it can't hurt to try...

I just found this thing lying around the house and its really old and worn.

But what's really interesting is the large pattern on the back...

Imagine an isosceles triangle pointed downward with a line bisecting the bottom angle. this line breaches the top base of the triangle a bit and at the top and bottom of this line is a small triangle.

On the left and right of this line are three lines, all six appx. the same size as the bisector, and parallel to it.

I read through your thread, and it is rather disturbing, all the witchcraft and cults and whatnot.

But the symbols you've described are nothing like this one.

If anyone still reads this thing, I'd like to know what this medallion is all about.

I'm 15 by the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread