New MDer in Central California

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
New MD'er in Central California

Hello everyone! My name is Kirsten I am a new prospector in the Central California area. I am in Fresno and have some questions about prospecting and metal detecting in the area. I joined the Central Valley Prospectors a month ago or so. I went to their meeting and outing last week and managed to pick up a little gold (about .1 gm) hahahaha. I recently purchased a metal detector (Minelab X-terra 70) and have been trying to find some good places to get to know my detector. I live by one of the large up scale county parks on the north side of town, and don't think that I can metal detect there. I have been reading, and it seems like most people advise against calling the parks commission and asking if its allowed. I don't know what to do now!! If anyone knows anything about the laws for metal detecting in Fresno county please let me know. I have done all the research I can, and couldn't come up with a single law or code that prohibits Metal Detecting. I know there are some guys from around Central California that are members, I just hope that they respond!!

Upvote 0

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: New MD'er in Central California

first welcome to T-net! ;D and good luck on your search for a place to hunt. Im sure you will find what your looking for. there are alot of folks here ready and willing to help. :thumbsup:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

replied to your post on the CA specific forum on T'net :)

camperlee

Jan 8, 2008
belding, Michigan
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250

I don't know about laws in Calif but I have always felt it's better to ask if you can and that way you know for sure as for the big towns I have always shyed away from them hit the small out laying communities and that have small parks and school play grounds and ball parks as for myself I have found them to be much friendlier to deal with.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Know your neighborhood in Fresno....I went there for many years as part of the NCWA Civil war reenacting....Fresno is rough in spots.

OP
OP
keverett

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST

It sure can be, did you do the reinactments at Kearney Park?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread