New MDer in Central California
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Feb 2009
    The NO town, CA
    Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
    6 times

New MD'er in Central California

Hello everyone! My name is Kirsten I am a new prospector in the Central California area. I am in Fresno and have some questions about prospecting and metal detecting in the area. I joined the Central Valley Prospectors a month ago or so. I went to their meeting and outing last week and managed to pick up a little gold (about .1 gm) hahahaha. I recently purchased a metal detector (Minelab X-terra 70) and have been trying to find some good places to get to know my detector. I live by one of the large up scale county parks on the north side of town, and don't think that I can metal detect there. I have been reading, and it seems like most people advise against calling the parks commission and asking if its allowed. I don't know what to do now!! If anyone knows anything about the laws for metal detecting in Fresno county please let me know. I have done all the research I can, and couldn't come up with a single law or code that prohibits Metal Detecting. I know there are some guys from around Central California that are members, I just hope that they respond!!

us
    Jan 2009
    San Antonio,Texas
    Garrett AT PRO
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: New MD'er in Central California

first welcome to T-net! and good luck on your search for a place to hunt. Im sure you will find what your looking for. there are alot of folks here ready and willing to help.
    For GOD so loved the WORLD that he gave his only begotten son,that whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10101 times
    Banner Finds (4)

replied to your post on the CA specific forum on T'net

us
    Jan 2008
    belding, Michigan
    whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250
    4 times

I don't know about laws in Calif but I have always felt it's better to ask if you can and that way you know for sure as for the big towns I have always shyed away from them hit the small out laying communities and that have small parks and school play grounds and ball parks as for myself I have found them to be much friendlier to deal with.

us
    Apr 2007
    Missouri
    AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
    161 times
    Relic Hunting

Know your neighborhood in Fresno....I went there for many years as part of the NCWA Civil war reenacting....Fresno is rough in spots.
    Have detector, Will Travel RJW

us
    Feb 2009
    The NO town, CA
    Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
    6 times

It sure can be, did you do the reinactments at Kearney Park?

Sponsored Links