SEF Coils

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Dave I just picked up a used 10x12 SEF butterfly coil this winter and have only been able to use it a little as here in Northern Wisconsin its still very much winter. The experiences I have had with it seem to be pretty good, depth seems good, I am still having a small issue with pinpointing with it, but I think I will get that skill honed in a bit better as I get a little time behind it. I been running the pro coil on my explorer previously with great results. I guess my only gripe on an SEF coil is the wieght of it, it wieghs a ton next to the minelab procoil. I hope others will chime in here on this as I would like to hear other opinions of it myself

HH
Slipperyjack47

XT18000

May 26, 2008
I use a 15 X 12 SEF on a SOV GT; at this time only on the beach.
Yes it is a litle on the heavy side but I use a bungie cord so thats
not a big problem for me. It will go very deep if it needs to and
when you learn hou to pinpoint with it that's not a problem.
Have nothing but good things to saw about it. Use it like it was ment
to be used and enjoy . HH

XT

BERT

Jun 23, 2008
Detector(s) used
Etrac--G2--GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave---I have used the 10X12 SEF and Minelab's 11" lightweight pro coil on both the SE & Etrac for some time and on many hunts.---I REALLY like both those coils.--As far as performance goes, I really can't see that much difference in either one of them.--They both have great depth, hit coins on edge and for me pinpoint about the same (which is very good) but I have used DD's for years.---You do get a tad bit of more coverage with the 10X12 than with the 11" but the SEF is a little heavier (24 oz. versus 19 oz. for the 11").---On a slow day, when targets are few & far between, I find myself wanting to reach for the 11"--when the finds are rolling in, I don't even notice the weight difference--funny how that works, huh? ;D Hope this helps a little.----Del

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread