I found a site for finding property owner info...

jbow

Sep 24, 2005
Cartersville, GA
http://www.searchsystems.net/index.php

Find your state in the "By catagory" box. It will be a property link with several states, they are alphabetical. You'll get there and it's worth it.

You have to wait just a minute while it opens then check out the list, find your state and hopefully your county. Open the page. You get a map of the county with a grid. In my county anyway... then you click on the grid near where the property you are researching is. Zoom in a little. Then you can choose "arial" for an arial photo or you can stay with the map. Either one has property lines. It has the little hand icon like a ptf file so you can move the map or photo around with the cursor, using the left click button.? When you find a property that you want to know about, change the cursor back to the little arrow and double click the property. Then it will give you the address and the owners name!

HTH,

Julien

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jbow

Sep 24, 2005
Cartersville, GA
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Jbow,

thanks for posting that site.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS
You're very welcome. I've been glued to it all day and have several new places I am going to be able to hunt. I found two properties where McCook's cavalry got into it with some of Hood's infantry in May 1864 over Cass White road. I was able to figure out that two different friends of mine own two seperate tracts on the battle site. One on the Confederate side and the other on the union side, including the hill where an artillary implacement was. Another site is where my wife's grandaddy was born and the house is no longer there. A friend of my wife own's that pasture. The last one is the top of Ladds mountain and I know a man who's place of business is at the foot of the mtn and he knows EVERYBODY...i'm going to talk to him about going up there. There is an old stone fort on top thought to have been built by Prince Modoc, the Welsh prince who came here in about 1100 AD. You can Google "Prince Modoc" if you like.
Man, all that reading and riding around, and all this research really helps.

J

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread