Which MD has more audio pinpoint target info?

joelt

Jan 5, 2007
Far North Austin
Detector(s) used
F5, F4, Sidewinder
I've just read that with a Tejon in the proper mode, you can hear the difference between tabs, coins, aluminum among other things. I had the same experience with a BH 3300. I was surprised as apparently on the Tejon this was in VCO mode, whereas on the 3300 its a monotone response. I have not heard this difference on a Sidewinder, an F4, an F5 among others.

Is there another detector where you can hear the difference?

I am NOT talking about multi-tone discriminate mode with 3 or 4 different tones like an ACE 250 or Golden Sabre. I'm talking pinpoint mode! OK maybe disc mode, but only those with a single pitch response.

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I really enjoyed various Whites machines, like the Eagle, XLT, etc... where you could put the all-metal into VCO, and turn off the ratchet pinpointing. Very pleasant, where it was almost like you could "feel out" the targets. I sure wish the Explorer had such an option, instead of the mono-tone ratchetting non-tell-tale pinpoint. Even the newer generation Explorer that has introduced the vco style, still has the annoying ratchet feature.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread