Anybody with a Garrett GTAx 750 ?

fishracepoint

Greenie
Apr 13, 2009
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 750, Equinox 800
I purchased it new a few years ago, attempted to use it for a very short time and stuck it in the closet. I am now trying to find the time to learn it.
That being said and being my first detector means I do not have anything
to compare it to ???
So I was wondering if I should replace it with a newer detector or is it decent enough to keep for a while? My goal is coin shooting and relic detecting. I have been digging into the history books at the library and have a few places of interest. ;D

Thanks for the input

Upvote 0

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
well you already have it might as well learn how to use it, before buying another to put in the closet. never used a 750 but would imagine its a very capable detector. set up a test garden and learn it, and good luck

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never used a 750, but I have used several other Garrett machines. They are very good machines, so get your owners manual, do like Thompy said, and get detecting! You will love it when you get started.

cloviscliff

Jul 15, 2008
South Tx
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's m6, Fisher 1210, Garrett ACE 250, White's surf PI Pro, White's DF, Fisher F75se, Fisher 1236x2, Garrett GTAx750
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using the GTA750 for 6yrs and it has paid for itself too many times to list. I live on the Texas coast and hunt the dry sand at Port Aransas and Rockport. I have 8 diamond rings countless silver rings my best ring appraised at $7,225.00 it is a 1.4 carat. I hunt old home sites, found 2 saloon tokens sold them on the internet for $1,250.00. I have cashed in several hundred dollars in clad. If you want to get rid of it let me know, I could use a good backup. Thanks Cliff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions