how old is everyone here?

daveycleaning

Sep 22, 2005
Upvote 4
S

Steve_Maine

27, first swung the Heathkit Detector my dad built when I was between 5-9, whenever we would go to the beach, then took a "break" until I was 23 and haven't stopped since. (Still have that Heathkit, it's quite a machine given how much technology has advanced...)

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A young 45. My dad had a Radio shack unit when I got out of the service ( 1 hitch 3 years) in September of 1982. By March of 1983 I bought a nice Whites.

Ed Donovan

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm the big 4-0. Had a detector since about '94.

Kent

T

tallpaul

iam 39 had a detector since way back in 84 an old c-scope iam using my whites classic sl ll with a bm 950 coil its a great machine and its going to be hard to give it up,, next week iam purchasing the new trident the up grade from the tesoro cibola, and we all know the tesoro cibola is an excellent machine capable of good depths and great discrim the trident has better discrim at lower end,, i'll keep my whites as a back up,,, iam off out in morning to hunt some old anceint ground were some good roman finds have been uncoverd years ago nobodies been for a long time there wasent many detectorists arround here back then and i never went to this place,, must be some nice coins maybe some gold staters to be unearthed we'll see,, .

B

BOB in TX

73 here,35 years detecting,started with a $25 Mustang detector.

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms
65 If I make it to december , looking bad.....only had md for little over a yr . Wish I had done it sooner . Lot of fun !!!!! :D

M

Max

54...........just got my first MD (explorer 2) 5 days ago.
Already hooked.
Goodluck E1

Gadget

Sep 10, 2005
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Temporarily 43 and still 39 at heart... I think this is probably my 4th detector. I had one as a kid in the mid 70s and bought at least 2 for my kids over the years. All cheap radio shack models until I got my MXT a few months ago. My son caught the bug and chipped in half for it.

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
aged 56 been swinging for over 12yrs lost count of detectors owned including garrett,whites, bounty hunter, jap junk and minelabs think minelabs best available. detect in water , gold feilds any where I can get, great pass time . SEEYa NEILO ;D

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
36, and have been detecting for just about a year now. It's the longest I've ever stuck with one hobby in my life, and I'm still loving it. The finds get better all the time!!

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
I am 56. I have been detecting since 1964. As a young man I was a fanatic(used to chop away at the frozen ground in winter) Heck I thought the hobby was finished in the late 70's as the golden years were over. However, this hobby is still as popular as ever. I have left the hobby from time to time(college, jobs),however, there has always been a detector in my closet.

George

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread