Plantation Homes

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
OK here is my problem I have family in VA. I don't think I have to tell you that the homes down in the south are like no other homes in the world. Well on with problem my family is new to the area and I can't seem to get permision to detect any sites. The owners tell me thanks for asking but apperently someone did it in the past and didn't ask, so no one is aloud to do it now. This must have been some problem in the south cuz I hear it alot. My question to you is. Is their some technique I have to use becuase my northern hospitality isn't cutting it. Another problem I am having no ones believes me that I only want to look for coins. Not civil war stuff. I know it would be nice to find them while looking, I know I would be thinking about all the CSA stuff in the ground but, if I didn't find it I would be hurt cuz up on the other side of the Mason Dixon line we don't find that stuff. Sorry this is so long winded thanks for reading.

Upvote 0

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
Depends on the "sites". Some of the parks you can get a permit to hunt, others all you have to do is ask the owners of the property. If you are trying to go on Federal land, national parks or historical places then the answer will be Definitely NO. The are plenty of farms and such down F'burg way that will happily let you hunt. Go to some of the MD stores or relic stores, they will be able to tell you. Hope this helps some.

HH
Chiz
8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread