New Treasure Hunting Show

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Somebody needs to wake up and realize the world wants more treasure shows!

I mean, I've about seen enough of Hitler on the History channel, and how to turn trash into worse trash on HGTV.

Give us TREASURE!!!!!

By-the-way, I noticed in your picture you're standing in what I presume to be a Michigan lake. Aren't you afraid of being gummed to death by pan fish?

Gadget

Sep 10, 2005
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't get that channel in my area either. Earlier in the summer they had the first batch of episodes available on the web and I watched a few of them - the next day, they were unavailable and that site never came back online. I really enjoyed what I was able to see though.

SilverTee

Greenie
Oct 14, 2005
West Mi
Hay. Zeb! ?Quit picking on the Michigan guy, besides thats why he's got his protective suit on. ;D
Us Michigan guy's got to stick together.

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Silver Tee. I'm not worried about the pan fish as much as the Muskys, or is it Muskies? The "WateWolves" (Pike) are bad too. My son has scars on his hand from when a big pike hit his hand when he was washing worm guts off from a canoe. Now all he fishes for are pike.

HH,
Sandman

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I know what you mean about Pike & Musky (or is it Muskie?).

I never trusted them buggers. I remember years ago a kid was dangling his feet off a dock in a Wisconsin lake and a Musky tore one of his feet up big time.

Once I was bitten in the hand by a Pike while attempting to remove a lure from its mouth. I mean that sucker hurt for weeks. That was 45 years ago and I still have the scars.

But, to find those goodies in the water, there are some things we just can't think about. Know what I mean?

Attachments

• jaws.jpg
    jaws.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 284

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to watch all 9 episodes on line when they first came out. They were all good. They should definitely put them on a channel with a higher viewer numbers. It got me that there were all these people who were much more successful at TH'ing than I am. They really had good methods, areas, finds, and yes a little luck. They all seemed to adapt their styles and method of hunting to their distinct areas. Maybe this is something we as detectorist should also consider. It seemed to help make them successful.

Ed

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
ecdonovan said:
It got me that there were all these people who were much more successful at TH'ing than I am.
Ed

I didn't see any of the shows but wish I could get them on videotape.

Anyway, I know what you mean, Ed. There are those who really are making a killing in this hobby.

Years ago I thought those making great claims were frauds and they were probably just buying their finds. Then my eyes were opened to the facts. Yes, there are people doing this who even make a full time living doing it. Many retired folk do it for good extra money.

This is something else I've learned over the years. Those who really are making consistently big finds almost never come to sites like this one. They keep quiet and the only way you hear about them is through other means.

I made contact with one such person by buying some of his finds. This guy finds Spanish gold, silver, and copper coins by the 100's every year! Don't believe it? I tell you I wouldn't either if I hadn't seen the stuff myself. In fact I've purchased over 100 coins from him in the last few months. Awesome finds!

People who are truly successful treasure hunters are very serious about their craft. No, you won't see most of them on here. For the most part (yes there are exceptions), we come here because a major part of our fun is sharing with others. Don't get me wrong; it's not that the big finders think they're too good for this site. It's that they don't have time for this and they don't need it. They get all the kick they need by finding large treasures. I guess you could say there's no room left for extra little sideline kicks. And too, they don't want or need attention.

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
zeb,
I hear you. One of those episodes had a guy(Roper?) who had found something like 175,000 coins! Now that's a lot of swinging and digging!

grizzly bare

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread