Anyone remember the Teknetics Mark 1 detector?

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Darren in NC said:
If you have one available for sale, I know someone who's nostalgic and interested in buying one? :)

No. But did have a Teknetics Coin Computer 8500. In fact I found my oldest coin with that machine.

I liked it but the handle design made it uncomfortable to use. I also owned the Fisher 1260-X. It was not as deep as the Teknetics but it was much faster and easy on the arm and rist. I found 10 times more with the Fisher.

I'll try to remember to watch out for a Mark 1. I'll let you know if I come up with one.

Best,

Zebadiah

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teknetics 8500 and the Bounty Hunter Mk I were the same machine weren't they. 6500 had few adjustments and no meter, 8500 full adjustments and analogue meter and the 9000 with an LCD display.
The Bounty Hunter Mk I went back into production a couple of years back though Bounty Hunter itself wasn't making them. I could check on my old computer if anyone is interested.

B

BOB in TX

East Texas Metal Detectors has a few new ones for sale.903-734-7773

Bcamp

Jul 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one for sale. It has been well maintained and in storage. Its black and gray and in excellent shape. Are you still looking for one? You can email me at [email protected]

OP
OP
Darren in NC

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks, Bcamp. After 12 years, his nostalgia has gone away. 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions