Seems like alot of detector companys have there heads in the clouds nowadays

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ive noticed latly when you call a detector company like fisher minelab tesoro.They usually have one guy runing the teck support wich is pathetic. And by the time you get a hold of him for a question about your detector he doesnt now the answer.Most of the time there out on call wich makes no sense.How can companys like Minelab & fisher have one guy for teck support thats never there? And buy the time you get a hold of him its like your speaken fricken chinese to the guy? Seems like these companys manny times just sell there product and God forbid you ever have a question are problem with the detector. There like some company in China one guy answering the phone selling the product and runing the company all at the same time. Common companys get your sht together. Sorry guys just teed off when companys that make money pull these cheap labor tactics.

Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Trackerman said:
Well ive noticed latly when you call a detector company like fisher minelab tesoro.They usually have one guy runing the teck support wich is pathetic. And by the time you get a hold of him for a question about your detector he doesnt now the answer.Most of the time there out on call wich makes no sense.How can companys like Minelab & fisher have one guy for teck support thats never there? And buy the time you get a hold of him its like your speaken fricken chinese to the guy? Seems like these companys manny times just sell there product and God forbid you ever have a question are problem with the detector. There like some company in China one guy answering the phone selling the product and runing the company all at the same time. Common companys get your sht together. Sorry guys just teed off when companys that make money pull these cheap labor tactics.
I know what you are talking about... Minelab teck a pain in the a$$... Fisher teck also a pain in the butt .. and it seems to me Tesoro is all so getting that way......................... I started with Garrett about 30 years ago and by the looks of it i will be useing Garrett again at lease i can get stright answers there and do not have to call back or wait for a call.......................

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Customer service was the job of the dealers and they're going out of business

Running my own business I can tell you people want lots of service and the lowest price. It's not easy to make money when I spend 3 hours with the guy who only ends up spending $100.

People buy detectors online and look for the lowest price. The local dealers are driven out of business by bigger outfits and sporting goods chain stores that offer little to no customer service.

I bought my first detector from a local dealer (now deceased). He showed me how to use it, and I asked him when I had questions. I broke the battery wires and he soldered them on the spot for me - no charge. I bought my second detector from a local dealer (now out of business). These small guys usually got into selling machines because they love the hobby. They're detecting themselves when they can, and will usually talk to you as much as you need (sometimes more!) just because they love the hobby. They are a wealth of information, tips and tricks.

The company that makes your detector depends on the dealers to give you personalized service. I would ask your dealer first before going direct to the manufacturer. The manufacturer will handle repairs and warranty claims, but for questions and technical support your dealer (local or not) is the best place to get great customer service. Buying from a local or smaller dealer may cost you a few bucks more, but you get what you pay for.

Imagine it like this. You buy a Ford car from your local Ford dealer. It starts making a clunking noise. Do you call Ford corporate headquarters in Detroit to ask about the clunking noise in your car? I don't know about you, but I'd call the local Ford dealer I bought my car from first.

The detector companies are going to prioritize their tech support calls. Dealers get in first, individuals will have to wait. This makes good sense. A dealer might sell 10-100 machines a year. An individual usually only has one detector and they'll probably have it a few years. They are better off helping the guy who helps them sell more machines first.

I'm not saying you don't have a valid point, just trying to explain that the manufacturers do care about you, but they are set up so that dealers are offering tech support. I guess the final question is where did you buy your detector, and has your dealer been able to help you?

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't say that's been my experience with Tesoro. Talked with them quite a bit when I had problems with my Tiger shark. The Tech seemed knowledgeable and was very helpful, but in the end we decided the TS needed to come in for repairs. Those were done and it was back to me within three weeks. Second call regarding my new Cortes, because I couldnt' figure out how to put the battery pack in. Pretty basic, but the phone rep was very pleasant and helpful walking me through how to do it.

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
I hear ya Trackerman, I had to deal with Minelab 6 times over the past 3 years and it was no fun at all.

littletwig

Sep 4, 2008
Magnolia, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, M6, 6x10 DD, 4x6 DD
Go with Whites. Best customer service in the industry. They are always willing and ABLE to help. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
quick call a WAAAmbulance! :'(

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
plehbah said:
Seamuss said:
Did you think of starting up a detector manufacturing business of your own?

You might get a customer here if you did.

Yeah, just let the loan officer at the bank view this thread. This is practically a business plan.
I won't need a loan officer to buy a detector for me. I'll find the money on my own, the banks are boke according to Obamanation.

Just start a detector business that gives a straight answer and straight talk like the man said.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread