What the heck is this guy doing? This is sad (lol)

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't realize some people could actually detect like that?
Those were some of the largest gaping holes I've seen... he should've popped for a pinpointer with that Spectra.

Bran <><

OP
OP
gary in idaho

gary in idaho

May 7, 2008
Plus he's swinging it like a weedwhacker and then goes in to all metal to pinpoint right over the target instead of moving the coil away and then coming back over it. I do like the fact that all he has to do is get a signal and then have some other guy do all the work :laughing7:
I could go for that myself, except for the monster sized holes his man is digging! Money well spent for this guy. :laughing9:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's more than sad...it's down right pathetic. 600+ views...no wonder we detectorists have such a hard time with the public when they see this kind of sloppy, uncaring digging....on the internet. Monster holes...tossing the soil aside...probably didnt even put his plugs back. >:(

Manuals just came out for that machine and obviously the guy doesn't understand english to have learned even the basics of how to use it by looking at all of White's information that was online ......in english.

I sure hope he doesn't post any more videos. What an embarrasment. :violent1:

Al

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this Guy Needs an Expierenced Teacher

sad in many ways

misiek

Nov 2, 2007
Plattsburgh,NY & Mississauga,Ontario
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
These guys are Polish...and whats more sad is that so am I and this is just a disgrace to the whole hobby of MD and our nation. I don't think they are detecting in Poland though because you can't detect unless you are on your own property. Everything is off limits, unless you get a license and the process for that apart from paying A LOT of money, is that you have to provide a map where you will be detecting, what you are looking for and then the whole thing gets reviewed by some government commision, something equivalent to conservation agencies here...and those permits are for one day, unless you work out a deal with them. Either way, his overlapping is just horrendous and his kids keep asking him to let them use it too haha...

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I am always amazed about how many clueless people end up with such high end equipment, it makes no sense. If people would just do a small bit of research before jumping into stuff like this everyone would be so much happier. This guy seems to trying to spend quality time with his family or something but the effect is that he is teaching them how to make bad choices and do things the wrong way. I can't believe he 'pinpoints' by putting the coil on the ground like that! Wow...

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
I hope that moron was digging up his own yard. Hey idiot...YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!! Epic failure.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Maybe they're looking for a tank? :icon_scratch:

Pretty sick video. These guys need help :help:

dirtdiver

Oct 30, 2007
It seems like i am seeing more and more people on youtube video's using shovels in parks and other places they should not be used. I don't know if they a handicapped or if they are just plain lazy! But that type of behavior is a detriment to our hobby.

Why couldn't the detector manufactures make a simple video showing proper pinpointing and how to recover your find, and include it in the box with the detector. It would be neat if they would add a code that was spreadout through the video that you would have to enter in to the detector before it would turn on. That way you could not use it until you watched the entire video. Just a thought.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
If you ever watched Thomas Dankowski dvd .. metal detecting real world techniques inland coin and relic hunting .. he uses a small shovel with a 8 inch blade but he covers his holes up when he is done. He said that was the best digger to use and i have used the same kind that Dankowski used and most of my digs you could not see if you went back to find them. But you have to dig the plug only on 3 sides and then replace it in a neat manner. I would say the guy in the video never got the right idea of how to finish your plug... But now with the new Garret Pro Pointer i do not need that small shovel any more.....................

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I invited a fellow to the VFW lot one day. He took out this knife with a 12 inch blade and proceeded to cut a round circle out of the grass. He then whacked the grass against his thigh untill the quarter, and most of the dirt fell out. Good thing he only cut out quarters! Every grass plug turned into a brown hole when it died. He was never invited back. TTC

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Well I agree that they do not know what they are doing, but lets give them a chance. We have all been ignorant and are ignorant about different topics, trades, hobbies, etc. Lets hope that they have learned from these mistakes and have taken corrective action. If anyone here knows these old boys, a little constructive criticism may be warrented.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I-G-N-O-R-A-N-T is not an offensive word. It just means that a person in not 100% fully informed of a particular subject. Jeff and Mark, Quit being so Politically Correct. Gee Whizz. ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions