A Hoard Of Old Pennies + Half Pennies.

T

tallpaul

Cant believe it, just found a hoard of old pennies, at first glance i thought i had old roman sesterius, these coins were a good 18 inch depth, looks like they were buried in somekind of bag as the soil around them had this kind of rotton lineing blackend into the soil,, i couldent believe how many there was, this is my first hoard find, dam i just wish this had of been roman or saxon or celtic, but then i shouldent grumble, as its still a good find, i'll try and clean them up a little now.

Attachments

• my hoard of pennies + half pennies.JPG
    my hoard of pennies + half pennies.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 729
Upvote 0

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
WOW Jake! That's an awesome cache you've found! Tell us about the site! Let us know how old the coins are!

vicki

OP
OP
T

tallpaul

hi there vic, well these were found in the woods this morning, not to far from me, funny thing is i use this woods for paintballin, i must have hid and ran over them a hundred times,. it was last week whilst out paintballin, i thought i must come here with my detector, as i never leave the woods allways hunt them, there is so much land where i live, its hard thinking where next, as the lays of the land all look some what interesting,. the oldest coin here that i can see is 1901, certainly wieghed my finds pouch down for me, made me walk like id pooped my pants he he!, took me about 45 mins to get em all out and get the soil off em all,.

OP
OP
T

tallpaul

I'll just add this hoard gave me a 39 on my non ferous bar high up on right, and a lovely signal sound very possotive, the first signal was a 36 but when i swept again and did a 90 turn on it it held at 39, this is on my minelab x terra 50.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way ta go Paul! :o

;)

K

Kentucky Kache

Wow. That's what we're all looking for - a treasure cache. Congrats.

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
tallpaul,
Excellent find and congratulations to you. What really impressed me was that you added the type of machine and read-out numbers as a reference. This could be a big help to those of us still looking for that first cache find.
thanks

grizzly bare

OP
OP
T

tallpaul

thanks spotz i am proud,, at the time i just had roman on my mind,, funny you know its 04.34 am and iam still cleaning them, he he !, must get myself to bed, hope to catch you soon HH. paul.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whats the skinny on the new ML xterra we want details for sure, so feedback would be nice!way to go on the diggs im guessing yourin england than?

OP
OP
T

tallpaul

yes dekalb iam in UK England,, the ml x terra 50 is a great machine,, same depth as the 30 but more bells and whistles, which are needed for proper detecting, ive only had mine a couple of weeks now about two and a half weeks,, and i know this machine quite well now,, you really can switch on and set up in a matter of seconds,, if you customise a programme it saves auto for u,, so when you switch on its there, unless you want to clear it by holding a button whilst switchen on,, its that simple,, the lcd srceen is loaded with only what you need, not just extras that you dont in a certain mode,, i'll post pics of the screen so you can see, it has noise cancell control, it has the manuel ground balance, it has 3 programmes, all metal, then 1 coin shoot, with iron disrim, eg for gold and silver ect prog 2 is signals from most non ferrous targets eg aluminium foil and pull tabs, these can be customised, which i have with prog 1,, ive knocked out the iron, as i dont relic hunt, i go for coins and gold ie jewlery, so i bench test, by knocking out certain bars with the reject accept button,, and then pass all i want over the coil, to know if my settings are right,, then into the coin garden, and then to the park, once set iam then off to the serious hunting grounds,, all the signals are in bars on the bottom those that are in dont show up whilst detecting those that are out show up,, only when you get a signal the ones that are in, and depending on what is there, will flash, along with a speciffic tone, depth is very good my hoard was a strong 39, at 18 inch maybe a little deeper, this would have detected this hoard way deeper,, i found a gold stater at 7 inch, and that to was a good solid signal,, its a class machine, and its fantastic on the beach too, put in the salt wet once ground balanced and theres not a slight falser which you do get with some higher priced machines, ive tried out many whites and they are good machines,, but this baby is the one for me, its so light go all day, without putting it down for a rest like some you have too,. anything you need to know about the terra just ask if i know i'll tell ya,, funny thing is a certain site field tester who is a tersoro and laser dealer dident give it much credit like many are,, so i sent him mail, saying the true asspects of the terra 50,, he has now changed his tune,, and the read up is totally different, he did this bad read up because the new trident is out aswell, and yes he's more for that than any other cos he deals em,, iam not saying the terra 50 is a huge embarrasment to higher end machines and the price difference, but it certainly is in a little way, all i know is that here in the uk demand is getting high for this machine people are now seeing it in the field with there own eyes, and they are impressed alot want comment because they have spent far more on a machine, and found nothing that day when the terra was producing good finds, but then there is luck of where in the field you are time will tell, one things for 100 % sure there still is no perfect best detector out there, yet the terra 50 i would say is the best at pinpointing, and staying stable on ground balance,. on most land round where i am i set the sense to 18, on the wet beach to 14 and its a dream, no false signals unless its a halo of something that was there. any way getting to long now with this, anything ya want to ask just shout, HH paul.

Attachments

• minelab_xterra50.gif
    minelab_xterra50.gif
    28.5 KB · Views: 378
  • xterrapinpoint.gif
    xterrapinpoint.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 341

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds good to me may have to pick me up one in the late winter or very early spring and see. me and a pal were debating the merits of the ML's and then the xterra poped into focus which we discussed and threw around the idea of a newer ID machine to purchase. seeing this sweet cache may have him sold as well as me on its quality as a "easy" high quality machine without the outrages price of a 2000 dollar trident or laser etc.thankx for the heads up!!!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
tallpaul said:
, certainly wieghed my finds pouch down for me, made me walk like id pooped my pants he he!,/quote]

i wouldve been walking like that because i really would have pooped my pants!! :o awesome finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread