the best silver day detecting in bangor maine!

silverfox1967

Tenderfoot
Jun 2, 2009
i live here in bangor maine. i was hunting yesterday with the wife and found a nice little cache i got a hit on the junk dug it as i have learned to dig it all! i got a old eye liner pen. went over the hole once more to double check things and wam silver signal. i dug one "1932" dime i kept going over that hole for about "twenty" minuts before i got to the last signal. it was a "1955" half dollar,we left that hole with 30 "1919" to "1958" dimes and one "1955" half dollar wow!! what a hot spot. i just could not help myself i had to go back, so me and the wife went back as i felt like there were more left. i was there less than two minuts and wam silver this time it was two one "1957" and a "1958" silver half dollars stuck together. this place is in the woods about 100 feet off a major street. ya just never know, we found all these coins up aginst an old fence right under a huge pine tree. i would bet they were siting under that tree way back when and lost them. i have had the best of the best metal detectors from whites mxt to garrett gti 2500 and i now use a rite metal detector "3030" and this thing stomps i love it. i will never get rid of this machine never. if you cant afford a high end machine please go buy a rite metal detector you wont be sorry. i am going to post sum pics of my finds when i get my new usb cam cord. till then good luck all, and remember go off the beaten path, and research, try to read the land a bit, and look around at them old homes outback in them old woods were the kids used to play, cause ya never know.

Upvote 0

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Great haul from the woods using your 3030 (never heard of the Rite Metal Detector 3030?)
"1932" dime (Check that 1932 dime again, they did not make dimes in 1932.)
1955 half
30 dimes dated between 1919 and 1958
1957 and 1958 halves in the same hole

That definitely beats my best day ever. 34 silver coins. Did you find any other coins? Wheats, nickels?
Is your wife using a detector as well?
Sure would like to see pictures of your finds!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"32 " I would love to see a picture of that one.....

you would have the only one in the whole world....counterfeit

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you celebrate with Lobster Chowder?