whites idx pro for first detector

R

river city

hello, im looking at getting a new idx pro for my first detector.i can get it localy in richmond,va for $549.00.im on a $600 budget for my first machine.i will beach hunt 4-6 times a year and the rest of the time i will coinshoot and relic hunt.is this a good start for my first machine?anyone have an idx?what do you think about it?thanks. river city

Upvote 0

scotty

Oct 12, 2003
central missouri
It's a great machine to start out with, has good depth, and versatile, also has ID feature, which is pretty accurate. My son has one and also the Classic ID. He loves them both. He did have a Whites Quantum, but didn't like it that well, too hard to ground balance. I have the XLT, and a Classic II. You can't go wrong buying a Whites machine, everything they make is a good product. Good luck with your detector when you get it. Welcome to the hobby. HH Scotty

OP
OP
R

river city

thanks for the input scotty,i hope to get my idx friday or saturday when ever it comes in.my house was built in 1900 and the house next to me was built in 1851,a large two story house that was used as a temporary hospital during the cival war.the house belongs to my best freinds mother and i can hunt every inch of it!!she has owned it for 30 years and it has never been hunted as long as she has lived there.i can hardley sleep!!!ill let you guys know how it goes.thanks.mark richmond,va.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread