gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
In the woods at places I know saw activity long ago. I am amazed at the coins I find in woods and brushy areas of old parks. Be prepared to find interesting "eye" finds too. Go for gold at the beach or old forgotten swimming holes.

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
During the hottest months I usually pack it in. Too hot for me and chiseling in the rock hard ground is no fun. I will go to construction or tear-down sites though, those are easy to work when the ground is already torn up. Beach and sand hunting is an option for some. Don't pass up sand volleyball courts. Some hit woodchip tot-lots, and shallow clad popping can still be done with a screwdriver.

Try this - set up your machine to only dig quarters if you can. Disc out everything else, turn down the sens. Head over to a school with a screwdriver. Watch the quarters add up fast. Some schools around here are quarter mines. Makes me wish we had $1 and $2 coins like Canada... you could really make some dough.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everyplace I missed while there was snow on the ground! TTC

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
I like to detect people's yards with permission of course. I find some really nice stuff in my neighbors yards. Also, try and wait until the grass has been cut :icon_thumright:.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
old-town urban demolition sites (since they don't do that sort of demolition in the rainy season), country-side woods type places, plowed fields where historical places once were (during fallow season between crops), etc....

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
The water. More gold and silver stuff in the water than land anyway.
It's a good place to be when it is hot and sometimes the views are spectacular. Some of those thong bikinis should be illegal!

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
In the mountains for the gold.

In parks for coins, jewelry, junk(pull tabs for the practice), sometimes tools.

Older property older coins, marbles, toys, relics, silver flatware, jewelry. And a host of other types of treasure.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
that was a good ? i have worked out the grapevines next to my house and the house down the street is now the market and all i have is a trashy park and i nieghbor and half of a filed that is left from a old high school the other half is in prefabbed housing

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beach and the water and back to the parks and other places after a good rain for a couple of days then back to the sand....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread