What should a person do?

bignick29

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2009
KY
Hello, I'm new here and I've got a question. I've read a lot of the posts( not even half way through yet), and am wondering about something. I live in an area that has a lot of old homes torn down for one reason or another, an a lot of history has happened. I am interested in getting into this hobby and I have found an old detector in the closet. It looks like a real cheap one like from Wal- Mart or something. Are these accurate or will I just be setting myself up for disappointment? Should I go ahead and buy a new one (thought about the ace250) before I try or what? I do know it works, I put batteries in today but have not had time to try it out good. Any advice is helpful, Thanks in advance... Oh yea mainly looking for coins and old tools like axes and stuff...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

bignick29

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2009
KY

Attachments

• 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    427.5 KB · Views: 221

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
On ebay i saw one like that it was under... VLF Metal detector ... item # 300320396645 .. and had the picture of the pick & shovel on the coil....... I would guess it was made by bounty hunter for they also have detectors that look like that and have a picture of a pick & shovel on the coil.............

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
That looks like the earlier generation of Radio Shack machines. A toy. Will do nice at finding hubcaps, and coins within an inch or so of the surface though! :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread