metal detecting banned

W

whites6000inPa

I'd move out of the communist country I suddenly found myself living in. They can ban us from hunting public placess....or historical sites...but banning hunting on private property with permission is a bit of a stretch.

I would move to another country if the politicians were able to achieve that one. The "eminent domain" laws that have been legislated from the judicial bench are quite disturbing though....where does it end?

Wyatt

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tallpaul said:
now i have your undivided attention lol? ;D, i would like to know how many off us would still carry on detecting if there was a strict ban put on us detectorists,, ie would you nite hawk, or just forget it,,.

That's Easy.

I'd Not only Night Hawk, I'd START doing it in NATIONAL PARKS.
AFTER ALL, If I'm Going to Risk Being Arrested, I'd Definately Make it Worth While? ;)

Wouldn't Be the First time I'v Done Things "JUST BECAUSE THEIR ILLEGAL".
? ? ? ? ? ? ?After All That's what Being a Teenager Was All About, And Once it's Bread in ................. ;D It Wouldn't take Much to Start again? :D

BUT ONLY IF they were to make it Illegal.

OP
OP
T

tallpaul

;D lol,, me too i couldent give it up,, like you say jeff its bread in,, its just gettin a little tighter here in england, as the archies are getting together and getting alot of farmers with good search land to tell us detectorists "no" when we ask, its ridiculous, they are absolutely parranoid over some of the finds we make,,, and i guess they must realise if a ban was enforced then yes we would all nite hawk id be straight into stone henge no problem and the likes,, hell id dig mole hills in there gardens too.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have to change my avitar to "Outlaw".

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVE A QUEASY STOMACH

I'd have to join the establishment and run for county comisar...I meant commissioner in next election. It's awful to think, but I would try to become the man to vote on laws rather the man to break them. Hopefully I could get elected and try to get some sane laws pushed through the commissioners.

grizzly bare
firmly disestablishmentarianist

K

Kentucky Kache

whites6000inPa said:
I'd move out of the communist country I suddenly found myself living in. They can ban us from hunting public placess....or historical sites...but banning hunting on private property with permission is a bit of a stretch.

I would move to another country if the politicians were able to achieve that one. The "eminent domain" laws that have been legislated from the judicial bench are quite disturbing though....where does it end?

Wyatt

How communist does It have to get? We have arrived. :(

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paul in WA said:
I plead the 5th!
Oh yea, remember that nothing is illegal until you are caught! At least that's what my lawyer says.

Paul

You have a VERY Good Lawyer :)

panzermeyer

Jul 27, 2004
The Great White North
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark
I;ve been Nitehawking a site all fall.Seeing as they are letting a farmer smash everything with his plow I have no qualms about jumping the fence.Besides its kinda spooky and exciting lol HH ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread