diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only been detecting a couple of years,have had decent success coinshooting the beaches here in so. florida.Been to KY. a couple of times on friends farms,with moderate success.Question;Going to Georgetown,KY. in a couple of weeks and wanted to hunt Geotwn. college while i'm there,do I need to ask permission and if so who do I ask?Still a newbie,any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

midus1

Jul 8, 2003
Alexandria, Ky
I would definately ask permisiion to avoid issue's with the college. A friend and I obtained permisiion from a local high school thru their groundskeeper. I would call the college and ask for the groundskeeper.

HH

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there is housing near the campus check the grassy strip between the sidewalk and street. This is usually a good place to hunt and it's public property. Take a small coil with you.......

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Public universities/college fall under the laws of the local town/city they're in. It's nice to ask ahead of time, but usually I find it's far easier to ask for forgiveness than permission when it's public property. people understand better how low-impact we are face-to-face. (Haven't met a security guard, cop, groundskeeper, etc. yet that doesn't respond well to a smile and a good attitude, helps to have a big handful of nasty trash in your pouch ahead of time so you can be sure to show them what you're cleaning up). And I always keep a handful of mercury dimes so I can give them away to spread goodwill.

Private ones are no different from private property. Permission ahead of time would be required, and it's best to get it in writing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions