Instructions make a world of difference!!

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
Prior to getting my DFX, I used ( still have) a Garrett A-D-S DeepSeeker, a well built machine with several knobs/switches/bells& whistles. I never knew how to properly use/adjust it, so I would mess with it until I found something. Well I ended up digging so many nails & pull tabs, that I would get frustrated and give up until next time, figuring that the machine was just a cheap detector and didn't work well. This was not too big of a deal, sense I didn't pay anything for it. Well, I finally found a manual for it, and after reading it, and playing with the machine for an hour or so, it really works quite well! What amazed me was the depth I was getting with the giant 15 inch coil ( have the standard coil too) I know that doing an air test won't give you any indication of actual depth, but it was picking up a penny at well over a foot loud & clear.

I guess the point I am making is that before you throw in the towel, thoroughly read the directions.

Paul

PS,
I am probably going to sell this unit, as I have no need for two machines.

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
its always good to have a backup paul,just in case something goes wrong with the other one. you may want to bring a friend along someday as well.i would keep it. especially armed with the knowledge on how to properly use it! just my 2 cents. :'(

R

rvbvetter

Am I all alone here?!! What happened to the good old days, when real men didn't read directions? Sheesh!!

Hmmm.....wonder what this knob does? Well one way to find out. ooooooouch!!!!
Dang!! Guess it doesn't go that way. Stupid thing anyway!! Who made this piece of.........?!!!! Must be defective !!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it for a backup. Never say never, ask Leon. He was detectorless for several weeks and about went nuts from withdrawal! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread