I live in st augustine fl

E

EricZ123

I live in st augustine fl, and i never thought of metal detecting or treasure hunting,,, duhhh , its only the oldest city in america ..lol can i get a few pointers on where i can look, where i should look, and where i cant or shouldnt look but might anyway ... lol j/k. I know beaches are open game but where would one want to start looking for historical finds and the like. I would like to start by looking in a public place if thats legal, so i wont have to bother with getting permission and everything, just to get some practice.. any suggestions, comments, advice will be appreciated.. thanks

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in ft. lauderdale,if I were you I would start out in my own yard.If you don't have a yard try a friend or family members.Other than that,try your local city park.I don't know the laws for your county/city but,down here in broward co. you can use a metal detector in county/city parks as long as you don't dig.Which surprisingly hasn't been a real problem thanks to all the sand.I haven't been harrassed(SP.?) yet,anyway good luck happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread