Help w/ construction nails & metal in lawn?

T

tevans369

Help w/ construction nails & metal in lawn?

Does anyone have advice for local rental or lower-cost equipment to help find & remove the nails in my lawn and gravel driveway? -Or- other ideas to help out?

I live in Marin, work in San Francisco, and would even be willing to pay someone to come help me clean my lawn before I accidentally find nails with my kid's bare feet or the mower.

I appreciate any feedback and assistance.

Thanks - T

Upvote 0

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Re: Help w/ construction nails & metal in lawn?

If it's totally loaded with nails you might want to cut up the sod and get rid of the top layer, then lay down a few tons of good topsoil.

I'm sure there are heavy machines that will dig up dirt, clean everything ut of it (rocks, nails, etc) then re-lay it. Frankly i'd love to use one here myself.

Pitch

Jul 27, 2003
Re: Help w/ construction nails & metal in lawn?

Round here roofing and siding contracters have this tool looks a little like the old push reel mowers. It is about 3 ft wide and has a lawn broom and a long magnet on it. Most contracters are starting to use aluminum nails for roofing and siding though so I suppose it's days are numbered. Check your local rental shops. About the only other thing you can do is a physical search in a controlled grid. A real time consuming pain but you will get them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions