Cortes or XLT which one?

Zectron2348

Aug 8, 2009
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT DFX MXT, many Minelabs, many Fishers, Tesoro Bandido, Lobo, Cortez, efx ground MX400, Treasure Commander TC2X, original Bounty Hunter Red Baron, and many more!
Had both at one time, and enjoyed them both very much.

If I had to choose, ................ it would be the XLT.

Cortes was a great machine which I enjoyed using very much, but after many many hours using both, I just had more confidence in the XLT. After searching an area with my XLT I seldom researched that same area with another detector and found anything. If it was there the XLT found it. I could not say that with my other detectors with as much confidence. I also liked the ability to save different setups in memory on the XLT. More difficult to learn to use (longer learning curve) than the Cortes, but when you finally understand the machine,.......... it is a fantastic detector.

Don't get me wrong, as I said the Cortes was a great machine. Light weight, goes deep, easy to use, and less money than the XLT. A great machine I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. I just recently returned to detecting after being away for a few years. I got a nice deal on a Fisher Coinstrike and picked it up, ................ but, ....................... both the XLT and Cortes are detectors I am looking to find as soon as possible as well.

I think it is one of those situations where if you have one or the other you will definitely be pleased. If you have both, you might find some little things about one that you prefer over the other. You can't go wrong with which ever of the two you choose.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Although Whites XLT has a very strong following that Tesoro's Cortes does not seem to have, I have been very impressed over the years with the ability of Tesoro machines to get the job done.

Very liteweight, handy, easy to operate, very durable, and priced less than the competition.
Consider the Lifetime Warranty and it's difficult to advise another product.

Good luck !

OP
OP
jersey devl

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
Bought the Cortes on Saturday...Lovin it so far ,shouldnt take to long to get her figured real good, Im pleased! Thanks for the responses! HH :hello2:

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread