MD, WHILE IN THE FROZEN TUNDRA.

lionhrt9

Dec 10, 2005
NW Indiana, there's silver in dem grounds!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab (Xterra50) and Garrett (Ace 250)<-Gone to dad in Montana
No, not Green Bay, Im a bears fan!!! But what do we do, besides research the localities? Roll search? Yep. What else? Give me some insight! I ice fish and other winter activities, but besides waiting for my area to unTHAW. What else do us NORTHER MD do? WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING FROM DAY TO DAY? XMAS is upon us.

New at this and got this post idea while talking with bscofield, another IN resident.

Good luck all and HH.

Lion

Upvote 0

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Iv just been doing random stuff, cleaning relics i found this summer, organising relics closet, searching coins, selling stuff on ebay, going through a stamp collection, jumping regular bikes into snow piles, cleaning my cellar and room, etc...

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My times is occupied with school and fixing up my house a little bit at a time... boring...

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
if you get a chance go to your local library and do some research...look at old news papers..this is a good way to find out where the local gaterings where back in the silver days..you would be surprised what old news papers hold...look at old maps ect..the possibilities are end less..good luck on your research..and may spring come as fast as winter did...speaking of frozen it should hit.....-8 below zero tonight...berrrrrrrr

OP
OP
lionhrt9

lionhrt9

Dec 10, 2005
NW Indiana, there's silver in dem grounds!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab (Xterra50) and Garrett (Ace 250)<-Gone to dad in Montana
NORTHEAST HUNTER - been getting told the same!! Going to have to check it out!!! Internet is just not enough, although a good tool. Have been given permission to some private spots but not really that old.

Already been asked to look for some lost jewelry and haven't got the ace250 in my hands yet!!! Will try my hardest! My area dates back to the 1860's so the books is where I will start!!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Winter is the time to do ?your research and to plot where you are going to search come thaw. I got some of those old maps from strykerstalker and have been studying them. ?Since I search from thaw to freeze , and dint clean or categorize anything until after digging season..., I now have a basement garage full of ...well alot of stuff that needs cleaning. Plus these cold winter nights ?are great for researching the websites ?and going through all the posts . You can really learn alot from these TH's who have alot more experience .
Now is the time to hit the library and the historical society now, and also talking to as many of the older people that I can . I am fortunate to live in a neighborhood where most of the neighbors ?are in their 80's. You can really learn alot by talking with them. Come spring you wont hear from me at all....because I am out til dark making up for lost time.

IrishCharlieM

Oct 20, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Now is the time to clean up old clad found through out the year...Cash in the junk clad and throw the silver you missed in the siver But wipe box.......LOL

I also hibernate to the internet and Google Earth, Old Virginia Civil War maps, my books and the library...........

I plot out next seasons Local Hunts..and my road trip for next VACATION road trip.......But mostly Internet Research.....Family Tree reseach and Yahoo Chat Trivia....LOL

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
What do Northerners do during the winter? Well, judging from the looks of thing out here, I think that the biggest part of them get in RV's and come to Arizona! Can't blame 'em though... heck, it was 63 degrees today. ;D ;D ;D

I'm going hunting again tomorrow.... this time I'm taking my batteries!!!!

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm going to be one of them "Snowbirds" after Christmas. Head south to Edmond, Okla, then Texas(Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Galveston, San Antonio, Midland and maybe El Paso) and work my way over to Tucson and Phoenix areas and hit Albuquerque, NM on the way back in March passing thru Denver and Boulder, CO back to Minnesota. Cabin fever is starting to set in and am counting the days before hitting the road.

IrishCharlieM

Oct 20, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
dfxdude said:
Well, I'm going to be one of them "Snowbirds" after Christmas.? ?Head south to Edmond, Okla, then Texas(Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Galveston, San Antonio, Midland and maybe El Paso)? and work my way over to Tucson and Phoenix areas and hit Albuquerque, NM on the way back in March passing thru Denver and Boulder, CO back to Minnesota.? ?Cabin fever is starting to set in and am counting the days before hitting the road.

Sounds like an awesome road trip dfx.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread