511!!! Check it out!!

BISHOP

Jan 15, 2007
kNOx COUNTy, mo.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I work as a Deputy Sheriff and we exclusively wear 511 gear. The pants have inside pockets in the knees that accept neoprene kneepads. I have bought several pairs personally just for detecting because they are tough, comfortable pants and it looks alot better having hidden kneepads rather than wearing the big kneepads on the outside of your pants. They are especially nice when your hunting in a public place with alot people around. It may just be me but when your already out there doing something most people don't know anything about, I think its important not to look like someone that's escaped from a mental facility. lol. Also the Tactical pants have a cell phone pocket that I couldn't live without. All their products are quality gear and would highly recommend them for a number of uses other than just for law enforcement activities.

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/H...air/D/30100/P/1:100:50000:50100:50111/I/59008

Upvote 0

Excavateur

Mar 21, 2009
MO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hey Outlaw a nice suggestion. I usually wear shorts in warmer weather but I'm going to look into these further for autumn.

You said the pants are good when you hunt in places with alot of people around. I read that there are 9 people per square mile in Knox County with a total of 4300 souls. How many are alot? lol

What kind of research have you done as far as Civil War camps etc. in Knox County?

Have you heard of these guys?

Knox County Regiment Home Guard Infantry

Organized July, 1861, by authority of Gen. Lyon. Duty in Marion, Lewis, Clark, Scotland, Knox, Shelby, Monroe, Macon, Adair and Schuyler Counties. Action at Clapp's Ford August 14. Mustered out October, 1861.

I'm sure there some great settlement homes and forgotten settlement sites there. With your position have you got permission to hunt any of them?

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have some of their gear. It's tough, pratical and light weight . Ya should also cross post the thread in the Tool Shed section also.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess this isn't the thread to discuss my 420 gear? ;D

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the review Outlaw. I've been wondering how well their pants were made. I have had 2 pairs of 511 boots and was not impressed. In case anyone is interested, there are some in the closeout section at http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tacl.html as low as $6.99 a pair. There is another closeout link on the left side with their non 511 stuff. I hope I was able to save someone some money.

jag1022

Nov 23, 2008
Socorro, NM
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II sl
Hello all

I am a fellow detector and happen to own a small tactical store. I carry the 5.11 brand and have found them great for detecting. I have also found another brand that is slightly less expensive that is almost identical to the classic tactical pant. They are called Diplomats made by MOC. Same design but come in poly/cotton ripstop materail. Very lightweight and rugged. Also, found a neat pouch that I use from Condor. Its a fold out pouch that can attach to belt loops or MOLLE webbing. Very handy and inexpensive. Let me know if you are interested in 5.11 or any other brand. I just opened my website (under construction) where you can order. Plus mention Tnet and I'll knock off ten percent.

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi, I Like it ! I got to start geting some cans , 5 cent . it will take a long time to save up the money , I will get a pair. Thank alot . coin finder. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread