Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the local dry cleaners and for $5.00 I purchased the end of a roll of jacket length clear plastic bags, must have got at least 50 of them. If I'm hunting in the rain I just slip a bag down over the electronics on my detector and then rubber band the opening shut on the lower rod. At the annual DFX hunt in MI this year I used the method in some pretty heavy rain and it worked fine.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rain.......ohhhhhhhhhhh ya I've read about ......sorry never enough rain to worry about that sorta thing. :icon_sunny: :sunny:

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab makes a sweet weather hood for the Explorer series. It has never failed me. I quit before the detector will.

Ed D.

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
I dont go out when it is raining too hard, but have found that if i go out after it has rained and the ground is still good and wet i do seem to get deeper finds. Maybe, its just my imagination though.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For some reason the rain never seemed to bother my Excalibur... ;D :icon_thumright:

When at the beach water hunting, sudden rain storms are great for us, people rush to get out of the rain, when it starts raining and the towel line has lots of items lost in the rush to get every thing collected pick up the blankets and towels and into the vehicles out of the rain, most of them leave for the day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions