MXT or Prizm IV

P

pcpacker

I have narrowed it down to these two machines. I have looked at every model of every manufacturer out there, and for some reason I keep coming back to Whites. I really cannot explain why. Anyway, I would like to start with a detector that is simpler than the DFX and XLT. The MXT has the VDI readings and the better coil, but that Prizm IV looks like a great deal for a great detector. Any advice?

Upvote 0

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
MXT..... more control over settings and such for various scenarios. and you can change settings at the flick of the thumb with dials... That is my opinion... I do have both, though my parents have the Prizm IV even after I bought them a Prizm II, I mostly have the Prizm IV for my kids and anyone else that can't carry heavier detectors... I have had my MXT for 3 years now, still love it, interchange every once in awhile with me DFX.... fun fun!!!

HH
Chiz

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
I agree with chiz, I LOVE my MXT! I have a DFX also and use it occasionally. The MXT is just hard to beat for simple and effective! ;D
Rich

P

pnjarizona

PCPacker, take a look at my post regarding the Prizm II.....I ended up with the MXT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread