Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's been too darn cold for this old guy to get out so I'll tell you a first find story about a friend of mine.? One of my deer hunting buddies went metal hunting a while back .? He borrowed a radio shack? BH of some kind and they set out for an old farm house just outside of town.? They had been there only a few minutes when my hunting buddy got a solid hit under a tree.? He dug down just an inch or two and pulled out an old .22 revolver!? Meanwhile the experienced hunter found nothing but junk!? The rest of the story is that over a period of several months the gun was restored and I was shown a target where he fired it several times.? It was not a relic or anything , rather what is called a saturday night special having cost about twenty five bucks new.? However it was an interesting detecting story and I think maybe I may have turned my hunting buddy back into a detecting buddy as well.? He was looking my detector over and asking about how much it cost last time I talked to him. Will try to get a pic next time I see him.? ?Monty

Upvote 0

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool guns and detectors! ;)

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I am busy, Gypsi! Got a note into a couple of publishers asking what format the manuscript should be in. Sent an email to that contact person you told me about. I would hope my book stories are better than this one! I was thinking it seems that everyone you ever heard of has a book of some kind now. Everyone thinks they are writers all of a sudden. I don't think I am , but I think i could be! At least I would hope mine would be entertaining instead of that dry political crap! Monty

Z

ZumbroKid

Ya we will be really hungry for stuff to read with this cold weather. ;D

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty,
I have an assignment for you. Saturday will be 50 or better outside. Go detect for me and you. With my luck I will have to wait till it gets colder before I find time. Nice to hear a story from you. :D :D

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
yes like to see photo, good to get others in the hobby., :)

M

mchamby

Hi Jim, I think your stories are great and you would be able to sell your book if you ever get around to write it. You have so many fans already that just us telling our Mding friends would sell a bunch for ya. You have what it takes, give it a go and surprize yourself. ::) ;) Merry Christmas to you, your wife and the furry one. ;D
Mchmaby

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh....sorry guys, my agent says there is a Treasure Net surcharge for the book! Then there's my attorney fees, publisher profit, etc., etc. I figure I can get you guys an autographed copy of my $25.00 for around $50.00 or so. Or like the Ronco guy, three easy payments of $13.33! ;D ;D That's worth two laughing Santas and and Excellent! Monty

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D HAHA! ;D

Nice story Monty!

Maybe we could even get a discount on the shipping too! :o